New: 1014 - Sega Arcade Gallery (E)

monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I don't get traffic in OutRun either -- VBA 1.5a. How about the smoke trails in AfterBurner -- they seem kind of "simple" to me. The original smoke trails were made of at least a dozen sprites, these seem to be made of just one or two. Is that just an emulator thing or is the game really that way? I'd flash it and test but I'm having USB problems and can't complete a Flash right now.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sega Gallery won't work on my Pro 256 Flash, nothing works, pogoshell just crashes when I try to execute the rom. Can anyone help?

---EDIT---
Ok I found it does work you just have to use a precise reset start to do it, incase anone is having the same problems.

p.s Super Hang On looks duff on this collection, the original had much more detailed tracks and the bikers didn't instantly go into a full turn/lean when you breathed on the d-pad. Still 4 decent games on 1 cart is pretty good for a retro compliation, just don't understand why the hell it's a 8MB cart size though...

LuXo

Trophies
XP
Country
Just in case some of you didnt know.... with the L button you switch between L and H speed. When you are in L speed there are no cars, then u switch to H speed and you get faster and u see cars.
smile.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@monkey and all others who dont get any traffic...

Try shifting gears low->high when driving
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
!!

Oh, LuXo was faster than me
laugh.gif
... anyway I still remember this is the same in the arcade game too. And I can't lose that feeling that the detail in Outrun is also quite downgraded compared to the arcade. Maybe I'll post comparison screenshots later.

Sooo here are the screenshots (the original Outrun arcade screenshot size reduced to the gba one). IMO the Arcade clearly looks far better, and yeah, its nice fast.

outrun.jpg

(left arcade, right GBA)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.