GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
oh kewl! i remember when i got the Snes DK pack...it's one of the finest games on Snes! i really enjoy DK, specially for it's graphics (On Game Power Italy Magazine and Cvg+, it got the vote of 101%!) and for the music.....the 2nd and the 3rd one lost the feeling of the 1st one!

regards,
GbaDoctor

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just heard from RAREXtreme that all RARE games will continue to be made and released for the gba, that means Banjo Kazooi, Saber Wulf, and the previously canned Diddy Kong Pilot WILL be coming to the gba soon.
biggrin.gif
great news isn't it?
here's the site that has the news on it:
http://www.rarextreme.com/

Cyph3r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhm... the graphics of earlier snes-gba ports were 1:1 (super mario world 1+2 etc.) but here the gba game has not as good graphics as the snes version! and that bothers me. first I was happy to play good old DK on gba, but now... hm... I think I'll test it first before going on further now
biggrin.gif

lum

Hunter lvl
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow, for the gbc graphics, they're really good, one of the best use of colors and good pixel rate for a gbc game
damn, not much of an improvement wif the gba update. still, a dk game i haven't played, and i'm looking foward to it :>

N

Nithr0n

Yeah, DK was a really kickass game on the SNES, let's hope the gameplay's been kept intact for the small screen.

Oh, and yeah, the Sony handheld wont be out for AGES. They haven't even developed a prototype yet, or even decided on a processor unit.

G

Geezer

What have they done...
blink.gif
blink.gif

These graphics are POOR, they've ruined a potentially brilliant re-release...
ohmy.gif

fireworkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice game.
Very True. The graphics are similar to the GBC. Hence this must have been a top quality one for the GBC. The GBA has (of course) more refined graphics.
Take Care
Fireworkz
ph34r.gif

Edit: Its extremely sad (not annoying) but sad to see alot of ppl cribbing about the late release, or bad graphics etc of a good game.. Maybe they would all value these games if there were no Roms or Emus around ... as the saying goes 'something is better than nothing' - so be grateful that it is around !

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
I actually screamed when I saw this on the front page (not a girl's scream, a man's scream )
I remember back in the day, when I was playing the gbc version and I got past the boss guy and couldn't be bothered doing the other things.
Those were the days.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argh.....Don't complain about the graphics DKs sprites, they are a lot more complicated and more detailed than any Mazza game. Nintendo not only had to one reduce the sizes of the characters (hence detail loss) so there would be a reasonable size viewing area but also had to lighten the graphics quite heavily as the SNES original is quite dark and would of been very hard to see on a GBA screen.

True it's probably not the most accurate port but at least the game plays as well as it used to. The graphics still look good especially in motion, those amazing soundtracks pump out of the GBA very loudly and to add there are some new additions and features, more than which most previous SNES ports got.

I assume Nintendo will continue this trend with the DK 2 and 3. I'm happy.

ghostavel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this game game looks alot better than i thought when looking at earlyer pics and c'mon this looks better than the version on gbc

Mr. Floppy

Someday my Prince (of Darkness) will come
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and yeah, the Sony handheld wont be out for AGES. They haven't even developed a prototype yet, or even decided on a processor unit.
I think they're further along than you think. They would not be making an official announsment if they didn't already eval all the cost, profit and even a prototype. They would have just leak out a rumor instead. I say it'll be out by next (2004) Christmas top.

Back to topic: Can wait to get home and play it. Love all DK... even the reg GB.
smile.gif

LuXo

Trophies
XP
Country
The graphics could have been so much better.... they didnt put so much work in this remake i think.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-