New: 1013 - Donkey Kong Country (E)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, May 20, 2003.

1. GbaDoctor

GbaDoctor GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr

Oct 25, 2002
    Italy
    Rome
    oh kewl! i remember when i got the Snes DK pack...it's one of the finest games on Snes! i really enjoy DK, specially for it's graphics (On Game Power Italy Magazine and Cvg+, it got the vote of 101%!) and for the music.....the 2nd and the 3rd one lost the feeling of the 1st one!

regards,
    GbaDoctor

2. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I just heard from RAREXtreme that all RARE games will continue to be made and released for the gba, that means Banjo Kazooi, Saber Wulf, and the previously canned Diddy Kong Pilot WILL be coming to the gba soon. [​IMG] great news isn't it?
    here's the site that has the news on it:
    http://www.rarextreme.com/

3. Cyph3r

Cyph3r Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2002
    Gambia, The
    Aachen near Cologne
    uhm... the graphics of earlier snes-gba ports were 1:1 (super mario world 1+2 etc.) but here the gba game has not as good graphics as the snes version! and that bothers me. first I was happy to play good old DK on gba, but now... hm... I think I'll test it first before going on further now [​IMG]

4. Koekie

Koekie djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D

Banned
    Oct 25, 2002
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    good shit! [​IMG]

5. lum

lum Hunter lvl

Nov 6, 2002
    wow, for the gbc graphics, they're really good, one of the best use of colors and good pixel rate for a gbc game
    damn, not much of an improvement wif the gba update. still, a dk game i haven't played, and i'm looking foward to it :>

6. Nithr0n

Nithr0n Newbie

Yeah, DK was a really kickass game on the SNES, let's hope the gameplay's been kept intact for the small screen.

Oh, and yeah, the Sony handheld wont be out for AGES. They haven't even developed a prototype yet, or even decided on a processor unit.

7. Geezer

Geezer Newbie

What have they done... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These graphics are POOR, they've ruined a potentially brilliant re-release... [​IMG]

8. Koekie

Koekie djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D

Banned
    Oct 25, 2002
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    bet you haven't even played it on hardware.

9. fireworkz

fireworkz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2002
    Canada
    Nice game.
    Very True. The graphics are similar to the GBC. Hence this must have been a top quality one for the GBC. The GBA has (of course) more refined graphics.
    Take Care
    Fireworkz
    [​IMG]

Edit: Its extremely sad (not annoying) but sad to see alot of ppl cribbing about the late release, or bad graphics etc of a good game.. Maybe they would all value these games if there were no Roms or Emus around ... as the saying goes 'something is better than nothing' - so be grateful that it is around !

10. lennon

lennon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2003
    Brazil
    wow! this game is unforgettable!
    DK ruled on SNES, and i´m sure it´ll rock again, now on GBA!!!

B)

11. ramzabeoulve

ramzabeoulve GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2003
    France
    Yahoo! There's plenty of new things to do!
    The map look a lot better in the GBA version!
    There's even little pictures of the DK World to collect!

12. Squiffy

Squiffy GBATemp's Little Embarrassment

Oct 30, 2002
    Northern Ireland
    I actually screamed when I saw this on the front page (not a girl's scream, a man's scream )
    I remember back in the day, when I was playing the gbc version and I got past the boss guy and couldn't be bothered doing the other things.
    Those were the days.

13. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Argh.....Don't complain about the graphics DKs sprites, they are a lot more complicated and more detailed than any Mazza game. Nintendo not only had to one reduce the sizes of the characters (hence detail loss) so there would be a reasonable size viewing area but also had to lighten the graphics quite heavily as the SNES original is quite dark and would of been very hard to see on a GBA screen.

True it's probably not the most accurate port but at least the game plays as well as it used to. The graphics still look good especially in motion, those amazing soundtracks pump out of the GBA very loudly and to add there are some new additions and features, more than which most previous SNES ports got.

I assume Nintendo will continue this trend with the DK 2 and 3. I'm happy.

14. mole_incarnate

mole_incarnate Watermelon!

Former Staff
    Nov 3, 2002
    Perth,WA
    This is the game that encouraged me to buy a SNES (didnt buy DK though). Good enough reason to play it all over again for the GBA! (although I didnt buy it, I did hire it).

15. Angelical_1

Angelical_1 Former Staff

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    England, U.K
    A snes in your pocket, what more could you want. For those happier with the snes version... I have just one word to say... zsnes.

Regards Angelical_1

16. ghostavel

ghostavel Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2003
    Canada
    this game game looks alot better than i thought when looking at earlyer pics and c'mon this looks better than the version on gbc

17. Mr. Floppy

Mr. Floppy Someday my Prince (of Darkness) will come

Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    I think they're further along than you think. They would not be making an official announsment if they didn't already eval all the cost, profit and even a prototype. They would have just leak out a rumor instead. I say it'll be out by next (2004) Christmas top.

Back to topic: Can wait to get home and play it. Love all DK... even the reg GB. [​IMG]

18. burndick

burndick GBAtemp Regular

Apr 22, 2003
    Viseu
    Well done, a good game. It's about time. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

STOP IT. LINK REMOVED, AS ROM LINKS ARE FORBIDDEN. -- Tempest

19. GameKoder

GameKoder GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2002
    United States
    Wow! this game rock, in both graphics and gameplay! A really good game! [​IMG]

20. LuXo

LuXo Advanced Member

Apr 16, 2003
    The graphics could have been so much better.... they didnt put so much work in this remake i think. [​IMG]