New: 0948 - Crazy Taxi Catch a Ride (U)

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
It's cute that you're pretending we care.
smile.gif

norberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA wasnt even meant for 3d. But that diddnt stop people from trying. We should be thankful someone is at least trying to keep crazy taxi (or and 3d game for that matter) close to its original form. Just like the tony hawk series for the GBA. If I bought a GBA and played tony hawk and it was like the GB color version, I would have taken my GBA right back to get my money back. To my suprise it was a great game that closely resembled the console versions. 3d on gba is cool, it will only get better. Not too much better, but better. I love 2d games my self. I cant wait for donkey kong country. eventhough I played the hell out of it on SNES.

Outlaw Star God

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA wasnt even meant for 3d. But that diddnt stop people from trying. We should be thankful someone is at least trying to keep crazy taxi (or and 3d game for that matter) close to its original form. Just like the tony hawk series for the GBA. If I bought a GBA and played tony hawk and it was like the GB color version, I would have taken my GBA right back to get my money back. To my suprise it was a great game that closely resembled the console versions. 3d on gba is cool, it will only get better. Not too much better, but better. I love 2d games my self. I cant wait for donkey kong country. eventhough I played the hell out of it on SNES.
I agree. When I first bought my GBA, I got Tony Hawk 2 with it. That is such an amazing game. Right now, I've been playing a lot of GT Advance 3, and I am hooked. I usually don't play that many racing games, but this game is incredible. The graphics are great, and the gameplay is fun as hell. When I played Crazy Taxi, I didn't think it was too great graphic-wise. But, I don't think it's that bad of a game, and the gameplay is a little fun. 3D games will gradually keep getting better and better for the GBA.

xero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't care THIS GAME I GIVE 0/10 dats all!
Intelligent, you posted the same thing 2 times in the thread...
blink.gif

Anyhoo, the game ain't bad. The graphics engine leaves a bit to be desired, but the gameplay show promise. It's serving the purpose of my 15-20 minute game breaks now and then...something fun to play for a bit, then on to bigger fish. (something like Zelda on NES or something, hehe)

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strider:
QUOTE said:
Try to see the GBA power more like a 486 or early pentium pc... you'll get the picture.
Have you played the old PCgame Hi-Octane? It runs really fast on almost all PC's, try it on a p200> and you won't be able to play it cause it goes too fast.
My 486 100 mhz even played the game too fast.
It's fully in 3d, and I really think it could be ported to GBA quite easy.
Yup I did
biggrin.gif

That speed is achieved by "tricks" and that's not a 100% 3D engine. One of the first "real" 3D engines on the pc were in Descent 3D.

So, what I'm trying to say is that semi-3D games should be fine on Gba (see doom, not real 3D but making it look like it is, and not very pixellated, for gba), but "real" 3D is not going to work.

As long as developers realize this they can do brilliant effects and stuff doing 2D and semi-3D. B)

Edit:

I just noticed...
Stuntman Revealed
From the creators of V-Rally 3 GBA: another impressive handheld rendition. First screens.

http://pocket.ign.com/articles/393/393094p1.html

But here the pics:

stuntman_041003_1.jpg

stuntman_041003_4.jpg

stuntman_041003_5.jpg

stuntman_041003_6.jpg

It uses the VRally 3 Engine (which I think is pretty good -> THAT can be compared to the "almost" 3D engine of Hi-Octane, I suppose it uses a similar method), and looks quite good.

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
I think that 3D has its chances even on the GBA.

Yes it's surely harder to code a *GOOD* 3D game for such a poor console (3D-performance-wise), as the GBA was intended to run mostly 16 bit generation 2d games, but it has been done, it can be done, and it will be done more and more, better and better in the upcoming new games.

Look at THPS4. The skater is fully real 3D with textures and a tiny bit of lighting effects. That's sweet. Look at Moto Racer Advance, yes it's fake "mode7" 3d, but it still rocks, its fast and cool, and totally playable and enjoyable. Look at V-Rally 3D. Same as above.

And we haven't seen yet any game really based on the Blue Roses Engine (italian pride!!! Say yo!), which we all have seen what is capable of.

Of course this doesn't mean that every 3D game will rule, it's the exact opposite: it's damn hard to code a 3D gba game and make it a success, because of the GBA hardware limitations.

And this is also why we get a lot of crap 3D games with "wannabe" attitude, that just end up to suck big time. It's easy to try, and damn hard to succeed.

But miracles happen sometimes, and I think we will see some new "miracles" (Did ya say Wing Commander?
tongue.gif
) pretty soon
wink.gif

P.s. IMHO this game sux. Really poor 3D engine.

jouvans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me but I'm a newbie.. I'd like to know how can I get the game of this thread, or the games of other threads. I know there are lots of sites which provide gba roms but I'd like to know if gba roms are available just here..
I'm sorry if this is a very silly question!
Thanx a lot!
rolleyes.gif

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me but I'm a newbie.. I'd like to know how can I get the game of this thread, or the games of other threads. I know there are lots of sites which provide gba roms but I'd like to know if gba roms are available just here..
I'm sorry if this is a very silly question!
Thanx a lot!Â
rolleyes.gif
This is *NOT* a gba roms site... that's illegal man!

If you want to find the roms, go somewhere else please (IRC?), we are just a gba scene information site.

You can find news, info, answers to your questions, and a lot of ppl willing to help you out, but you won't find roms here. Ok?

Blanka79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah V-rally is great I agree and all the Thps game are a hell of a lot of fun

Gt3 was also superb

meh but crazy taxi was alright not the greatest still fun tho

all I want is gta3 I don't like driver its just not my style

jouvans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ehi Omero, are you crazy?
I only asked polite an information and I have apologized if my question was so silly.. what have I to do more? Kill myself?
And that was only a question.. I can't image what will happen if i write down a serious opinion or something similar and you don't agree with me..
This is just a great "welcome" for a newbie in this forum..

QUOTE said:
Oh I understand.. you're a saint.. I notice that the name of this thread is "0948 - Crazy Taxi Catch a Ride (U)".. excuse me Omero but that number... "0948" is (or is not) the number used by hacker sites full of dumped pirated roms like emuchina?In fact crazy taxi is the pirated game n° 948 in emuchina site..strange!
And people posting here.. I don't think that everybody in this forum legally owns 948 gba games..

Strider thank you very much for your answer and for your education, really thanx a lot!
QUOTEEdit: Lol Omero don't kill him 
You're right dear Strider.. I don't think he was trying to kill me but for sure he has exagerated!!

N

Nithr0n

Yeah, Jouvans, don't worry about it. Omero's probably just a bit annoyed because people tend to post that question all the time - if you've read it about 50 times already you act a little cranky when replying to it. But anyway, i didn't mean you could make MGS like Splinter Cell for the GBA - i meant, that you could make a 2D version of MGS because MGS is all basically top-down. If you made it a 2D isometric game it'd work really well, rather than a 2D sidescroller. Oh, and THPS4 for GBA isn't 3D - it's isometric with 3D player models, which is still pretty impressive as the player models are actually fairly well made.

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
Ehi Omero, are you crazy?
I only asked polite an information and I have apologized if my question was so silly.. what have I to do more? Kill myself?
And that was only a question.. I can't image what will happen if i write down a serious opinion or something similar and you don't agree with me..
This is just a great "welcome" for a newbie in this forum..

QUOTE said:
Oh I understand.. you're a saint.. I notice that the name of this thread is "0948 - Crazy Taxi Catch a Ride (U)".. excuse me Omero but that number... "0948" is (or is not) the number used by hacker sites full of dumped pirated roms like emuchina?In fact crazy taxi is the pirated game n° 948 in emuchina site..strange!
And people posting here.. I don't think that everybody in this forum legally owns 948 gba games..

Strider thank you very much for your answer and for your education, really thanx a lot!
QUOTEEdit: Lol Omero don't kill himÂ
You're right dear Strider.. I don't think he was trying to kill me but for sure he has exagerated!!
Jouvans, I just want to see two things, well three:

A ) I wasn't angry at all, I'm sorry if I sounded so, I was just trying to make you understand how things are here @ gbatemp in the quickest way possible. That's it
wink.gif

B ) Excerpt from GBATEMP rules:

"NO ROMS REQUESTS OR LINKS!
You are not allowed to ask for roms or put links to roms. When you are searching for a rom you have 2 choices: 1)look at the GBA Scene links , 2) Go on MIRC , read the complete FAQ HERE"

You should already know that the best thing to do once you subscribe to a new forum or community, is to read the forum rules and behave. Getting started in a new community by obviously violating the FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT forum rule is not a good start
happy.gif

C ) You tend to over-react when you got to do the same thing 10000000000000000000000000000000 times because n00bs don't even care to go and do their homework as I said at point B.

That said, I'm sorry I over-reacted, and I give you a warm welcome to GBATEMP community.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning