New: 0938 - Santa Claus Saves the Earth (E)

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
new.gif
0938 - Santa Claus Saves the Earth EURO 32 Mbits (Eurasia)

0937-1.png
0937-2.png

Save Type : N/A[/p]

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
darn it you beat me to it. and i am uplaoding screenshots as i type this. man you guys are fast.
snta1.gif

snta2.gif

and you got almost the same shots as me.

in the game you play Santa Claws, the game is a standered platform game like atlantis or jaz jackrabit. pre rendered 3d graphics into funky looking 2d sprites with not so fluid animation. destory gnomes by swinging your sack of goodies. harts on top idacate life left. mildly entartaining if you like christmass games in march...

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey isn't this the same game as SANTA CLAUSE SAVES THE EARTH for the Playstation 1. I read in a mag (Games Master) that they gave it 07%

LOL LOL LOL

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's a bad game especially not for a 32MB one, it doesn't take up a lot of space yet it's a fun platform game to play anywhere. Of course if you take it seriously and rate it by serious platform games standards (i.e Rayman 3, Sonic 2 and stuff) it's crap
smile.gif

BTW Santa Calus Jr is a VERY beautiful game, people underrated it a lot, the game's got good atmosphere and a very interesting sound track, graphics and gameplay are great too IMO.

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
off topic a bit but theres no topic around here where you can just talk about whatever
smile.gif

Here we have this santa ROM listed as 937 but all over the place it is at 938. This has to do with that damn Grimlens redump.

I'm more inclined to agree with leaving it out as it is just a redump of a bad dump introed ROM. The only diffrence in the redump and the original dump is the header on the original dump is diffrent. but I dont think it is diffrent becose it was a diffrent cart. it looks like part of the header was striped off or not dumped correct.

If you open the old dump in a hex editor and change the header to match the re dump and add the crap on the end of the file to match you will create an identical CRC.

I dont belive theres a new cart that differes in just a few little bytes of header info
smile.gif

So whats the deal with this game.what list is correct?

R

relax

From Skybaby's dat:

Gremlins - Stripe vs. Gizmo (2002)(Wanadoo)(Eu-M6)[April 2002][0932]
Gremlins - Stripe vs. Gizmo (2002)(Wanadoo)(Eu-M6)[t +7][February 2002][0000]

The dates are in the ROMs.

N

NEiM0D

Have you noticed when you try to remove the intro on Santa Claus, you get the message "REMOVE THIS EMULAMERS"?

Grizzly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like the game. It reminds me of Commander Keen (I think mostly because of the music, but you also need a key to end the level and there are laser barriers and elevators).
rolleyes.gif

I think it's better than other standard platform games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended