Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
new.gif
0916 - Sonic Advance 2 EURO 128 Mbits (Patience)

0916-1.png
0916-2.png
[/p]

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's a dupe. I know the rom is almost identical though because the original version had multi 5. But the European release date for this game is tomorrow. (i'll be buying it asap!
wink.gif
)

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
only the serial is different....
i dont' know if it's enough to make a new release out of this...
If it has a different CRC, and that different CRC is not because of a bad dump or similar, but because of real differences on the ROMs, then it's a new release, even when the differences aren't noticeable at all, or don't influence the game at all
smile.gif

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
i am sorry my friend, but a new release to be considered "proper" should add "something" to a previous release, a change of serial is not enough, a regional change is not enough because the ROM IS THE SAME, so, since the INDEPENDENT release was proper, we don't need another same dump

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmm I don't see the point of this really. I hope this doesn't happen again. I can understand pokemon but that's like the third time in ONE month that this has happened.

moneygoesfree

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iran
I think if the game has another serial it isn't a dupe and should be added as an official release. Look at earlier released roms. For example "Super Mario Advance": There are existing 3 versions. The US and the Euro-Version are the same (both only in English) only the serials are different. Both had been added to the releaselist

Mr. Floppy

Someday my Prince (of Darkness) will come
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish it would just be two kind of release. Japan and USA. Don't know why you need Euro. Always confuse me when Euro come out, I always think its new

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
I think if the game has another serial it isn't a dupe and should be added as an official release. Look at earlier released roms. For example "Super Mario Advance": There are existing 3 versions. The US and the Euro-Version are the same (both only in English) only the serials are different. Both had been added to the releaselist
no mate you are wrong, mario 3 usa version has ONLY ENGLISH, while euro version has ITALIAN, FRENCH and other languages, usa version is =32mits, euro = 64... so they are different roms, very different.

this is not the case of sonic 2... jpanese=MULTI6 usa=multi6 Euro= multi6

i saw a LITTLE difference between jap and usa: the cursor of the japanese language selection is by default on japanese language, while on the usa version is on english! on the euro version is on english too... so.. no differences!

QUOTEeuro version usially have multiple languages, there are more languages in the world then jap end eng ya know.

all the three versions of this game have the SAME AMOUNT OF LANGUAGES..

E

exile

There is a purpose for this that we are all forgetting even if you think its a dupe. That is that you have to have the correct region to connect to the GC Sonic game you have. That will obviously require all regions versions to be released. I am pretty sure on this.

Vinpire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey,

The sonic roms are tricky ones, because even the Japanese release was multilingual. the independent release that came out last week was the usa version, but i'm pretty sure the only thing that has changed is the serial. and probably like exile said, the connectivity.

Vince.
ph34r.gif

moneygoesfree

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iran
@kivan:
i don't meant super mario advance 3. i mean super mario advance
This ones:
002 - Super Mario Advance (Japan) by Independent
025 - Super Mario Advance (USA) by Eurasia
050 - Super Mario Advance (Europe) by Cezar
The US and the european version are both only in english. Only the serial is different.

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
yeah i suppose that exile's point of view can be correct...
maybe usa version of this rom does not work with european cube

@moneygoesfree: i can assure you that there are many roms that have only a difference of serial and have not been added to the release list, because of the reasons i explained before, mario could be an exception

N

Navulbaar

yeah i suppose that exile's point of view can be correct...
maybe usa version of this rom does not work with european cube

@moneygoesfree: i can assure you that there are many roms that have only a difference of serial and have not been added to the release list, because of the reasons i explained before, mario could be an exception
Which roms weren't added to the Pocket Heaven release list? afaik only Toukon Retsuden Advance (J) and some hardware dumps (Action Replay, etc).

moneygoesfree

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iran
Which roms weren't added to the Pocket Heaven release list? afaik only Toukon Retsuden Advance (J) and some hardware dumps (Action Replay, etc).
I think so too. Some Action Replay roms haven't been added to the releaselist
and Toukon Retsuden Advance because it's an fixed rom (shouldn't it be redumped?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: