Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it bad to never turn off vita? I always put it on sleep/standby mode, it's fast and doesn't really drain lot of battery and when I turn it back on from sleep there's no need to enable henkaku again, and because I use my vita on a daily basis, turning it off is cumbersome for me, what about you?

Does it damage the vita hardware or battery if I always put it on sleep/standby? Or should I make a habit of turning it off at the end of the day?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it bad to never turn off vita? I always put it on sleep/standby mode, it's fast and doesn't really drain lot of battery and when I turn it back on from sleep there's no need to enable henkaku again, and because I use my vita on a daily basis, turning it off is cumbersome for me, what about you?

Does it damage the vita hardware or battery if I always put it on sleep/standby? Or should I make a habit of turning it off at the end of the day?
If you are worried about turning it off, disabling henkaku, and not having internet to re-enable it, i recommend just using the offline installer through the vita mail app.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are worried about turning it off, disabling henkaku, and not having internet to re-enable it, i recommend just using the offline installer through the vita mail app.

I do have offline installer, it's just that it is still inconvenient to enable it again.

If putting it in sleep mode does damage the hardware or battery, I would turn it off more frequently than put it in sleep mode, but if it does no harm then I will stick with sleep mode for the sake of convenience.

Last edited by Vitaminer,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have offline installer, it's just that it is still inconvenient to enable it again.

If putting it in sleep mode does damage the hardware or battery, I would turn it off more frequently than put it in sleep mode, but if it does no harm then I will stick with sleep mode for the sake of convenience.
From my experience, I have left my vita in sleep mode for over a month and it worked just fine and still had a chunk of battery left. I think you should be fine

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vita is designed to be in stand by mode all the time, I have a vita since launch day thst I always kept i standby and still works as intended.

I can relate to that when you say vita is designed to be in standby mode all the time, since it drains so little battery, whereas if you put the 3ds in standby, it drains the battery so fast I always turn it off when not using it for even a short while.

Last edited by Vitaminer,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can relate to that when you say vita is designed to be in standby mode all the time, since it drains so little battery, whereas if you put the 3s in standby, it drains the battery so fast I always turn it off when not using it for even a short while.

Yeah, I have put my vita in standby and come back several days later in a few ocasions to find out it was still charged with like %90 of the battery, it's really unbelievable, I was so dissapointed when I put the 3ds to sleep and it was blinking red the same evening the first time...

7he6rim0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't leave the charging cable connected to the Vita all the time. That will fry your battery. Or at least the battery won't hold a charge for very long after being constantly plugged in.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just don't leave the charging cable connected to the Vita all the time. That will fry your battery. Or at least the battery won't hold a charge for very long after being constantly plugged in.

you live in 2003 or something ? This is no longer true for most of batteries.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
you know, i was thinking about this too, but i really dont worry about it anymore.

the vita is a frikkin beast, i leave it in sleep mode for weeks, it only completely goes off when i forgot to charge it for weeks , sometimes i do not play it for a couple of weeks and i leave it in standby mode, when it is fully charged and i leave it in sleep mode , i can leave it like that for a few weeks and turn it back on and still have nearly 60-70% of battery life left.

i love my vita , i love my n3dsxl too but i never ever leave my 3ds'es in sleep mode because they die so fast :/

maximum is a day or two for its standby time with nearly 50-80% of battery remaining.

whereas with my vita having 50% , so half of its battery bar left ,i can leave it in sleep mode for over a week easily.

long story short, it is fine to leave it in sleep mode just try to not leave it in sleep mode while you have a game running (though even this is fine xD to my surprise i once forgot to exit out of a game and left it laying , it went to sleep mode and i forgot about that it was still in game and i left it like that for a couple of days and it did not even affect the battery life).

but to be on the safe site just make sure you are not in a game, i also run taihenkaku and that good stuff.
so to not be required to re-run the browser/email to get into taihenkaku mode again, since i am so lazy i always keep my vita in sleep mode.

i hope we get coldboot cfw for the vita, that would be fantastic, and i would then even consider turning my vita off completely every few days to give it better rest i assume.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I only use sleep mode. Both on Vita and PSP, the sleep mode is perfect. I can't remember the last time I turned OFF my PSP. I turn off the Vita all the time because of various installs etc, that require a reboot. If not for those, I would always leave it in sleep mode.

Sony really nailed the sleep mode. For example my Nvidia Shield Portable and Nintendo DS also have sleep mode, but they only last a few days in sleep mode. The Vita and PSP last months!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During the times that I use my Vita heavily, I leave it in standby mode, even without hacks. Its just easier and designed to be that way.

Blue24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't turned my vita off in months! Still looks and runs mint

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs