PS1/2 Never softmodded a PS2 before need to know where to start.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So is there a PS2 Slim tutorial for FMCB btw? I saw that fat one, but I need a tutorial for the slim. (Btw Its a 700 model, So its completely compatible.)
There's no difference - you either get a preprogrammed card (by buying one or sending one to a volunteer who will do as follows), or use any other way to run homebrew (swap-with-modified-backup 007 agent under fire style, an usb boot disc like the newest Swap Magic, assisted swap trick again with a boot disc, modchip, etc - apart from HDD-based ones and "independence exploit" they're the same as on a Fat) to run the FMCB installer from USB

Last edited by Ryccardo,

hardin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no difference - you either get a preprogrammed card (by buying one or sending one to a volunteer who will do as follows), or use any other way to run homebrew (swap-with-modified-backup 007 agent under fire style, an usb boot disc like the newest Swap Magic, assisted swap trick again with a boot disc, modchip, etc - apart from HDD-based ones they're the same as on a Fat) to run the FMCB installer from USB
I think I'll just be lazy and spend 10$ to get the memory card

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So is there a PS2 Slim tutorial for FMCB btw? I saw that fat one, but I need a tutorial for the slim. (Btw Its a 700 model, So its completely compatible.)
If you don't want to pay for a pre-made freemcboot card (which would be the quickest and easiest way, without any higher cost). then for a slim you have two options for installing FMCB on a memory card:
1. Buy a Swap Magic disc
2. Buy a game that is compatible with disc swapping trick and mod your PS2 Slim to do the trick.

I was gonna recommend buying an official PS3memory card adapter, however it has become insanely expensive (I bought mine for 15€ now it costs around 100€).

I'll edit in a video when I find one that is good.

hardin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter, once you get access to a way of loading homebrew you can install yourself the newest version (including on a separate card if you're afraid of getting it wrong)
No but the FMCB versions I've seen are 1.953 and lower. Wouldn't I want the latest FMCB?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro tip: You can always send back a product on Ebay. Even if a seller lists "no returns accepted" that means absolutely nothing. You can send it back and just have to prove you sent it back by providing a tracking number and the seller will have to refund your money or Ebay will force them to, and you can give them negative feedback if they're stubborn about it which no seller wants.

I know this as a seller and a buyer on Ebay. I once sold a game Xenogears in perfect condition to someone (all my games are in nice condition I take care of them) and a buyer showed Ebay a picture of a destroyed copy and Ebay took the money from me and gave it to them. It was obvious they had a destroyed copy and wanted a nice copy so they stole mine. Ebay always protects the buyer and could not care less about the seller.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How would I do that??
Any FMCB installation comes by default with a file manager called wLaunchELF (older versions were called uLaunchELF, even older ones just LaunchELF, don't look at how it appears in the console's main menu since you can write whatever you want and the default is still LaunchELF), with that you can run homebrew (in elf format, how would you have guessed? :P) from all supported devices (memory cards, USB, network, HDD of course for PS2 fats only) - so you can run the newest FMCB installer from an usb drive (said installer also comes with wLaunchELF bundled inside)

hardin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any FMCB installation comes by default with a file manager called wLaunchELF (older versions were called uLaunchELF, even older ones just LaunchELF, don't look at how it appears in the console's main menu since you can write whatever you want and the default is still LaunchELF), with that you can run homebrew (in elf format, how would you have guessed? :P) from all supported devices (memory cards, USB, network, HDD of course for PS2 fats only) - so you can run the newest FMCB installer from an usb drive (said installer also comes with wLaunchELF bundled inside)
Oh okay! awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night