Never buy an LG phone...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by gui710, Jun 27, 2017.

?

Do you have an LG? If you do did it bootlooped?

1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. gui710
    OP

gui710 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    Portugal
    Home
    This happened to me 6 months ago and I still don't have my phone.
    I was casually playing some games and I decided to check my Instagram on my LG G4 and suddenly it freezes and the phone goes down 1 minute later or something like that, I was like "uhmmm... it might have just went out of battery" and I plugged it in, it started charging and I tried to boot it but it wouldn't turn on. I was super scared right now... I started looking for some tips online but I coudn't find anything that would help, a few minutes later the phone boots up but it woudn't past the LG logo and I couldn't even access TWRP and it would turn off automatically a few moments later (I'm aware of the bootloop problem but it looks like a mix between it and something else). I went to activate the warranty and it's accepted at the moment, I was super happy because nothing was going well at the time (and still isn't ;c), 1 month later they send me an email saying that they couldn't repair the phone because there was humidity inside and they, that moment I just wanted to cry for a bit :v. Nowadays looks like that my phone isn't the only doing this, I saw serveral phones doing the same in /r/lgg4 and now i just think that the motherboard fried.
    It has been 6 months since this happened and i'm still suck with an Alcatel OT 991 and I just can't handle it any more since the touch screen doesn't even work properly and the android version it's just too old without any internal storage and I don't have any money at the moment to afford a new one...
    TLDR: DON'T BUY LG! If it says LG, it bootloops.
    Also sorry about my horrible English phrase construction...

2. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    This problem affects LG G4 models and LG V10 models. But the rest seems to be fine.
    I never had a bootloop problem with my LG G3. I am an owner of an LG G4 and it has ben my main driver. For now, it is working fine.
    In case it fails though, I am prepared as well, since I also have a Galaxy Note 4 as a back up. :)

gui710 likes this.
  3. gui710
    OP

gui710 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    Portugal
    Home
    Well, at least you are covered with a functional phone unlike me :v

gamefan5 likes this.
  4. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    I had to since I bought it from a user brand new from ebay. That being said, I knew about that bootloop incident after buying it. It prompted me to buy a GN 4 as a result, in the case that it dies.