Never again will i buy an Acekard or recommend one!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CircusMaximusBC, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CircusMaximusBC
    OP

Newcomer CircusMaximusBC Member

United States
    4+ weeks is just inexcusable i figured they would have updated by the time the XL came out here in the US boy was i wrong i got tired of waiting for there "within a week" lies.... people that transferred there stuff to the xl were forced to update firmware yea this is not acekards problem but they have had more then enough time to release an update .

Anyways where to go from here what do you guys recommend ? DSTWO?

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    If you're going to pirate, the general rule of thumb is to wait until there's a workaround for the system before you buy/update it, not to buy/update the system and then expect a workaround by a certain deadline that you personally set for them.

Acekard is still an awesome card.

EZ-Megaman, Chemodile, Foxi4 and 22 others like this.
  3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You're the one that chose to update your system knowing you'd get locked out... I'd hate to see how you handle other systems, like the PS3, where there's no bypass at all for the entire 4.x firmware line.

Anyways, go with the DSTwo, and don't update your goddamned system.

EZ-Megaman, Foxi4, 2ndApex and 8 others like this.
  4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    You updated without doing a single bit of research?
    Sorry but no matter what flashcard you go with, updating your system before updating your card will always result in your card being locked out. Switching over the the DSTwo won't magicly fix your problem of updating without doing any research or waiting for your flashcard to update.
    Not to mention the Acekard 2i is actually a bugdet flashcard with an older style of firmware that requests changing the rom header, with a limited number of exploits.
    But by all means, please buy a new flashcard, because honestly the Acekard scene needs less people like you,

EZ-Megaman, Foxi4, Shadow#1 and 7 others like this.
  5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Thems the breaks when it comes to piracy. Blaming Acekard for your mistakes and assumptions really isn't the way to go about things.

You kind of put the cart before the horse, and now you're blaming the horse.

EZ-Megaman, Foxi4, Shadow#1 and 7 others like this.
  6. yusuo

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Aww bless, if your getting impatient maybe you should have a stab at trying to decode the firmware yourself.
    As I'm sure youre already aware the acekard team have a certain amount of exploits to use, can you really blame them for holding out a little bit to see if Nintendo releases another update before they waste another of there limited exploits.

Plus it's kinda your fuck up, as soon as the new firmware was released there were posts all over this site with a list of cards that it was safe to update the 3ds firmware with. Not acekard a fault in your too lazy to read. I kinda hope they don't update for a while, ya know just to piss you off

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    acekard has never said that their products would be updatable. so you bought it under false pretenses assuming that past updates would dictate the future.

in this day in age of $10 flash kits it doesn't make much sense to only own one. other companies advertise their cards as being fully updatable, so why not buy one of those and get back to gaming?

-another world

8. Chesskid1

Member Chesskid1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    he didn't say anything about piracy..

he just asked for his flash cart to work..

some of you need to stop jumping to conclusion

9. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Whether or not it's for piracy (It most likely is), that's not the point that we're trying to make. Don't update your console if you want the flashcard to work. Especially when the company in question released a statement telling you in no uncertain terms: do not update your console until a fix is released.

EZ-Megaman, Shadow#1, 2ndApex and 3 others like this.
  10. CircusMaximusBC
    OP

Newcomer CircusMaximusBC Member

United States
    a fix shouldnt take 4+ weeks when other cards update usually next day or so. Maybe its time for them to develop a new card so they dont have to deal with this limited number of exploits bullshit i knew updating my xl would disable the card like i said i had to in order to transfer from my old 3ds to my xl .

11. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Holy mother of Mary mother of god, somebody got hammered, hard. The big guys, too. You guys not busy or anything, are ya? :))

I'm with TC, though. Despite the brilliant track record, Acekard2i is waaaay past its heydays. It's barely keeping up, it's like it's not even trying to anymore. It'll soon suffer the fate of the i/EDGE flashcart, a very good brand, to be sure. My EDGE lasted me 4+ years, and my iEDGE still works on my little niece's DSlite. But they're no longer relevant today.

1 person likes this.
  12. gameandmatch

Member gameandmatch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    flashcart on 3ds/3dsLL/ds generally means you are using it for privacy(obviously fancy version of piracy). Though that isn't what he is getting bashed for, he's being bashed for being impatient and updating his firmware before an update was available for the new firmware.

13. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Using flashcart for privacy?
    Uh... I guess it prevents people from knowing exactly which games you are playing.

EZ-Megaman, jalaneme, Castiel and 2 others like this.
  14. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    I see what you did there. Fixed it for you though.

1 person likes this.
  15. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    again, they have never said that their card would be future proof. they never said that there would ever been a tool released to flash the bootloader. being able to keep it updated came as a huge surprise to everyone.

the way their hardware works is not "bullshit", it is simply an old design. i'm sure acekard hasn't felt the need to update it because the ds scene is dead. why go through the hassle of developing, designing, marking, and selling a new design so late in the game.

instead of complaining on a forum why not just save up $10 and buy a r4i gold.cn and enjoy the wood kernel?

-another world

EZ-Megaman, SignZ and The Catboy like this.
  16. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    "If I complain on popular forums I will get my update. They just need someone like me to come along and put a foot in their ass to get them to do something that would take like 2 seconds to fix. I will be that foot. I'm an indignant hero."

Did you do this on the official forums as well?

1 person likes this.
  17. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    1. It's your fault for ignoring the Acekard team when they said not to update or not doing any research...I bought an M3 real 4 years ago under the assumption that it was a great team and they'd be updating it for years to come. M3 team hasn't released an update in nearly 2 years but you don't see me throwing a fit over it.

2. you're more than welcome to go down to your local electronics retailer, or video game store and purchase every single game you want to play rather than complain that a $12 flashcard isn't working in your brand new 3DS XL.

4 people like this.
  18. Rydian

United States
    The "bullshit" is actually the way most flash carts work.
    http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/
    Read up for details.

It's only the more recent carts that have found easier upgrade methods. The AK2i is not alone in the way it updates.

You didn't have to do anything, you chose to lock out your card by being impatient.

19. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    Whilst I'm with you guys that Acekard have technically never said that their products will always be update-able and always compatible, thus they don't "owe" the user anything, 4 weeks is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but if other teams can manage it within the first week, Acekard should be able to do it in less than a bloody month.

Whether or not they "owe" the user anything is irrelevant, the point is compared to other teams they're lazy.

(Yes, I know this post is late but I've only just logged into GBATemp for the first time in a month or so, so yeah)

20. Rydian

United States
    What the fuck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.