Network cia installer where you choose what to install on the 3ds.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Zaphod77, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Zaphod77
    OP

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    Let's say i have made a bunch of virtual console injects of rom hacks.

Let's say i have them in a folder on my pc.

I don't want to have to copy them over to the sdcard, then install.

I wish to be able to browse the cia collection using my 3ds, and install the ones i want over the home network.

Is there an app that can do this?

i got the idea from finding romhacks on titledb.com.

Naturally, this archive would not be placed on the internet. It would be on my local network.

Currently the best method i have so far is using Boop, but that ones has you pick the ones you wish to send over on PC side. I wish to do that 3ds side, like with Homebr3w or FBI's titledb.com feature.

a 3ds samba CLIENT would work too. but as far as I know there's just the server. (micro sd management)

Last edited by Zaphod77, Apr 19, 2017
  2. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Dev & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Yep, there's a FTP client for 3DS: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ftp-3ds.395195/

If you only want homebrews, as you said, just use FBI or Homebr3w.

3. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    this is an FTP server.

the closest you'll get right now is using something like servefiles or "boop" to send cia/tickets to a system with FBI. nobody has created something to browse a server filesystem to pick and install files yet.

Last edited by ihaveamac, Apr 19, 2017
    Manurocker95 likes this.
  4. Zaphod77
    OP

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    there is indeed an ftp client. called FileKong i think.

But what i really want is titledb with more rom hacks. i won't add them to titledb itself because they have copyrighted content.

5. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Don't be paranoid about copyrighted content. The police are not gonna get you.

6. Zaphod77
    OP

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    It's not a matter of police. The site is intended to have homebrew on it, and I am respecting the creators wishes by not turning it into a warez site. :)

what do you think would happen if more Nintendo roms were added? It would be taken down. There are already a couple. not even rom hacks. actual unmodified nintendo roms.

Last edited by Zaphod77, Apr 19, 2017