Nethack on supercard sd?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rayout, Aug 10, 2006.

Aug 10, 2006

Nethack on supercard sd? by Rayout at 1:35 AM (1,256 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Rayout
    OP

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey anyone know how to get nethack working on supercard sd?

http://stuartp.commixus.com/nhds/

I've tried both of the pre-complied programs on my ds and neither worked [​IMG]

2. KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi

Member KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What is it exactly?

Hmm, I think it only works on CF flash cards.

3. WunSick

Newcomer WunSick Advanced Member

United States
    download the ds.gba version, rename to .nds, and load it up. Should boot up fine, but its known to have an issue with font size...kinda hard to play.

Hope that helps

4. jigaboo

Newcomer jigaboo Advanced Member

Canada
    Got it working on my SCL (the nds ver). Had to run it through the moonshell patcher, but it worked fine. HOWEVER, if you use an SCL, saving is very iffy. Worked the first time for me, but just hung after an extended session. If you're using the gba version, wouldn't that mean that you would only have a single screen??

It's playable, but yes the font size is tiny, and the tileset is extremely small (although you could fix this by downloading a bigger tileset). For me, the save issue is a dealbreaker though - I'm no nethack ironman! [​IMG]

J

5. RexxFiend

Newcomer RexxFiend Newbie

United Kingdom
    I had a similar problem with saves crashing the game, till I discovered that I hadn't copied the (empty) saves folder over.

If there is no saves folder, the dungeon collapses when you try to save - took me ages to figure that one out!

New version has no size limit on the tiles! superb (try the chozo tiles, they are great- just like the original text mode but look much nicer, but at least you know what everything is).

6. ShinaKitsune

Newcomer ShinaKitsune Advanced Member

United States
    I only breifly played it, didn't try to save or anything... but it did boot and i was able to do stuff on my supercard minisd if that means anything :3

7. retrohead

Member retrohead GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Don't forget about the SuperCard Magic Homebrew patcher aswell, that may do some good.

The general method for running homebrew on SuperCard SD is by using the .ds.gba renamed to .nds but this patcher will create a sc.nds file for you which should then work. You would then run that file through the moomshell patcher (comes with supercard lite soft) to play it on SC Lite.

There are problems with the current fatlib though which is still yet to be updated in devKitPro. Perhaps we will see better success with FAT saving once r20 is released [​IMG]