Netgear WG111T + Nintendo DS / Wii?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Litterbox, Aug 8, 2008.

Aug 8, 2008
  1. Litterbox
    OP

Newcomer Litterbox Newbie

United States
    So, a roommate of mine gave me a USB Wi-Fi adapter when he moved out, and I was thinking it might work as a means of providing Wi-Fi to my DS / Wii.

The adapter is the Netgear WG111T, and plugs into the USB port. I'm connected to the internet right now through wired ethernet cables, and at present have NO wireless router. So, I don't know if this USB plugin is simply going to accept signals from a wireless router in place of a wireless card in my PC, or if it's going to allow me to share my internet connection wirelessly near my computer.

Can anybody help me with this? I'm still scouring google for info, but you guys all seem pretty savvy on this subject. Thanks!

2. jy2

Newcomer jy2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Assuming that you're using Windows, set up an Adhoc network using the Netgear stick. Then you'll need to share whatever connection you get your net access from over to the new Adhoc network.

Should work fine then! I used a set up similar to this before I got a spare WRT router for my DS needs [​IMG]