Netflix's 'Devil May Cry' animated series gets new details

dmc netflix.JPG

It's been a while since we last heard of the Netflix animated adaptation of the Devil May Cry series, but we finally have more to share today. The series' producer, Adi Shankar, who was also behind the popular Netflix Castlevania series, provided more information in a recent interview with IGN Japan. In it, Shankar also revealed that the first season will be made of 8 episodes but that season won't conclude the story as the producer has plans for a “multi-season arc”.

“The season 1 scripts are done,” Shankar said in the interview. “They are rad. I could not be more excited.” He also confirmed that the series will include Dante, Vergil and Lady; without revealing much about the plot. However, for this adaptation Shankar has been working directly with Hiroyuki Kobayashi. The latter worked on several Capcom games including the original DMC and Resident Evil games. Kobayashi was also involved with the studio Madhouse-produced Devil May Cry: The Animated Series from 2007.

“Kobayashi-san has been wonderful,” said Shankar. “It’s seriously a joy to work with Capcom. Their character library is unlike anything assembled.”

Netflix's Devil May Cry animated adaptation is said to go into production "in early 2022" but there is no airing window for the series at this time.

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am always scared when they adapt videogames that they will ruin it, fingers crossed. Netflix has produced some questionable material in the past.

Also, I hope they don't miss the opportunity to slap "Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series" onto the eventual trailer

ElSasori69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Will it be based on the Videogames? Or would it be something like a remake of the anime version released on 2007?

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am always scared when they adapt videogames that they will ruin it, fingers crossed. Netflix has produced some questionable material in the past.

Also, I hope they don't miss the opportunity to slap "Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series" onto the eventual trailer
At least it's going to be the Castlevania anime guy doing it, so it's got a chance to be good.

Reactions: grey72 and x65943

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hope it's not as bad as the Castlevania series on Netflix. That's why Nintendo had refused to do colaborations like these.

Also, I hope the recently announced Mario movie doesn't suck as the last one they made.

Reactions: ov3rkill and Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hope it's not as bad as the Castlevania series on Netflix. That's why Nintendo had refused to do colaborations like these.

Also, I hope the recently announced Mario movie doesn't suck as the last one they made.
IMO Castlevania is about as solid as Netflix-original anime gets. And Nintendo partnered with the people who made the Minions movie for Mario, so let's not pretend they've got an unimpeachable eye for quality.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country

Oh, you must be so cool for hating something cuz it's "pupolar and beloved"...

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks like I've hurt someones susceptibility here.

IMO Castlevania is about as solid as Netflix-original anime gets. And Nintendo partnered with the people who made the Minions movie for Mario, so let's not pretend they've got an unimpeachable eye for quality.

Original Netflix content has a very high quality flag actually. It just doesn't mean that everything they "touch" converts into gold, Castlevania series being a very clear example of that.

Nintendo partnering with Minions's movie creator company will ensure one thing (as with all their movies):

-There will be a heroe (or two in this case)
-The will be a villain (or more)
-There will be a nonsense plot to solve
-There will be a "donkey" character (the buffoon of the pack)
-There will be many references to the Mario series (to capture the "gamers" melancholia)

I'm stating all of this as a Nintendo fan, but being their fan also means I'm a critic of their work, because I'm expecting nothing more than their "Seal of Quality" (classic gamers will understand this one).

Oh, you must be so cool for hating something cuz it's "pupolar and beloved"...

Please, read my statement from above. Being "popular" is stupid and vane. I'm a fan, but also a critic of Nintendo's work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1