Hacking Netflix

Ewpb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone poked around the Netflix? Can the Wii Us memory be poked to turn the gamepad off whilst a film plays?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's a "gamepad display switchoff" app called "padcon" by @dibas, but I didn't test it with netflix.
you press R3 to enable/disable the display. what is great is that it's not the gamepad which is shutdown but only the display, touchscreen is still working.
I don't remember if it's released as a standalone HBL homebrew or only a patch inside loadiine GX2.

Reactions: Ewpb
D

Deleted User

OT but Netflix's app is terrible

It crashes the Wii U a ton (at least mine does)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's crashed a lot, as has my Wii U itself; maybe it's heat? x3
Could be. If you have an Air Compressor and a trigger nozzle, blow out your wii u, but let it sit for a while if you just hold the nozzle open as it WILL blow particles of water inside the console. I usually do a teardown for this though because of that. If not, try to vacuum the vents. If all else fails, deal with it, or open her up and redo the heatsink with paste instead of a heatpad (they are junk if you ask me and insulate more than they transfer). May require some extra work tho.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm in 5.5.1, and netflix turns the tv off, only showing movies on gamepad. I must spoof console, and download updated netflix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1