Netflix to produce a live-action Dragon's Lair movie starring Ryan Reynolds

header (3).jpg

Remember Dragon's Lair? Originally released as a 1983 arcade game, it was later ported to many other platforms throughout the decades, and most recently, on current generation consoles. Ever since the 1980s, talks of a movie adaptation have been discussed, but never ended up panning out, at least, until a successful Indiegogo campaign managed to secure enough money to greenlight a film based on the series. Now, Netflix has just grabbed the rights to the movie, which will be produced by original creator Don Bluth, and will star Ryan Reynolds, of Detective Pikachu and Deadpool fame. According to an exclusive report by the Hollywood Reporter, two writers from The LEGO Movie, Dan and Kevin Hageman, will be involved in writing the script for the Dragon's Lair movie as well.

:arrow: Source

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think this should be made. Just keep this as a game. I feel like this is going to ruin something that should be left alone.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t think this should be made. Just keep this as a game. I feel like this is going to ruin something that should be left alone.
What the heck are you on about you kno a lot of the games in the series got shocking low scores

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SAVAGE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE WITH HIGH ENERGY GET THIS BASED AND REDPILLED POST TO @Nobody_Important4u 's ATTENTION!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Leave me alone. I don't even watch Netflix, in fact i hate Netflix. I didin't even played dragon's lair (but i should). So don't tag me here >_<

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Animation is expensive that was just the general rule until computers came in and changed a lot of it. This is one of the reasons Disney moved completely away from hand drawn cell animation.
Unfortunately, you're right. The good old days of hand drawn animation are long gone. Don Bluth was a master, of course. My jaw dropped the first time I saw his Thumbelina movie. But to be fair, computer animation is getting better and better. I love the animation in Moana. Just amazing!

Reactions: Uiaad

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, you're right. The good old days of hand drawn animation are long gone. Don Bluth was a master, of course. My jaw dropped the first time I saw his Thumbelina movie. But to be fair, computer animation is getting better and better. I love the animation in Moana. Just amazing!

Computer animation has come a long way in the last 10-15 year, but I dunno, I've yet to sit there and say "wow that is absolutely spectacular" or had my breath taken away by it in the same way I would with something like the Secret of NIMH

Reactions: Dust2dust

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Dragon's Lair. It wasn't so much a game, but rather a "there's only one right way to go" story, basically an interactive movie. Space Ace was better, in that you had more choices. However, I'm not speaking from experience, as I have yet to try both games, but this is what I know from so many sources who praise the game.

Just as a bit of trivia on the side, Don Bluth wasn't the first one to create a game like Dragon's Lair, where you made choices. Nintendo was actually the first to make it a game.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I liked the game, I will say I never actually looked into scores but this is something I feel should be left alone.
The game series is hardly the crown jewels lol can't understand some peoples way of thinking at times you stay Mr boring and stick with what you kno then

scottydog27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god
No this is going to be awful the style of game dragon lair was its going to be another green lantern bomb ryans great the games great but thats going to be a major task to get that game translated to film

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hesitating on clicking on this obvious April fools joke, and after looking into this I'm even more certain it's fiction. The Indiegogo cited as impetus is for an animated film, not a live-action film. There is also no mention of this on that page, which would definitely be worth a post on a crowd-funded page. And Detective Pikachu, really? Either way, all these news sources either dodging around details or simply making them up is a huge red flag. I know this information comes from higher than the temp, but I have to wonder. Is this a pretty good intended early April Fools joke, or did some of the higher ups here get taken for a ride as well?

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's not old. :rofl2: