Netflix/Shop Channel help on 4.2U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hack3r, Jul 29, 2011.

Jul 29, 2011
  1. hack3r
    OP

Newcomer hack3r Advanced Member

United States
    Hey all,

before I get started, I know there have been variations of this thread before but it's hard to find the information I need by picking through them all (believe me I've tried), so bare with me please.

Basically my situation is that I'd like the Netflix channel on my menu but I am unable to download it through the shop channel because when I try to go to the shop channel it says I need to update my Wii, which I obviously do not want to do. I'm currently running on 4.2U. I know the alternate way to get the Netflix channel would be to download the wad, which I've already done, and I believe I heard something about an IOS, which I'm not sure whether I already have or what. So now I have the Netflix channel on my menu screen but when I click start I get this screen:
    [​IMG]

Could somebody please tell me what to do here? I probably have to download a specific IOS but I'm not sure and I'd like the advice of someone that knows what they're talking about. I also wouldn't mind having a functional Shop Channel, if someone would like to tell me how to update the channel without updating my Wii. Thanks in advance!

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    What I did was use the MMM (MultiModManager) and downloaded the latest ShopChannel IOS.

Once you get the ShopChannel working, you can just download the Netflix channel like normal and it should work.

3. hack3r
    OP

United States
    I have MMM. Do you think if I PMed you, you could hook me up with a link?

edit: or rather, could you just PM me?

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Use ModMii to install/update the latest IOS files.

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Oh, you can download the IOS straight from the internet to your Wii with MMM. Be sure to have the latest version of the MMM, though. [​IMG]

6. hack3r
    OP

United States
    Oh, I probably have an older version. Thanks, I'll try that!

7. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    You did not install the netflix channel, you installed cloader. Install this netflix channel-
    NetFlixChannel v1 USA.zip

You also need ios56, so if it black screens or error 002 on you, update ios56 (I think)

8. hack3r
    OP

United States
    Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Edit: So I ended up updating my shop channel through MMM and downloading Netflix through there and everything works great. Thanks guys.