Netflix Semi Bricked Wii - Sorta

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by soulfoot, Jul 9, 2010.

1. soulfoot
    OP

soulfoot Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2007
    United States
    TLDR: My wii appears to have recovered from a "System files are corrupt" error without any effort of my own. My concern is do i have something lurking that i need to fix, and more importantly what did i do wrong and how can i keep from doing that in the future.

So, i've been having alot of fun tooling around with the Wii getting it re set up after a recent USB HD fiasco (dont resize your wbfs partition)

Got everything up and running and decided to give the ole Netflix a go.

Netflix was previously loaded onto the wii and used with great success through the USB Drive.

Because of a slow credit card payment, the Netflix Account lapsed and had to be reactivated.

Once i did this, netflix had to be reactivated on the Wii. (this is where i think the problem lies)

As soon as it was activated it crashed to "System files are corrupt"

A couple of panicked restarts later got me to the system menu and i proceeded to watch my intended movie (zombie land is great btw)

Once the movie was over i restarted the wii and to my shagrin it was "system files are corrupted again"

Several restarts produced no posative effect so i went to the web to see what to do and if i needed to break out the nand dump i made this weekend

After returning 10 min later the wii appears to be fine. I went ahead and deleted the netflix save file unsure if that was what was corrupted.

I'm just wondering:

1. if i'm in the clear

2. If anyone else had a similar experience and knows what caused it

3. What i can do to make sure that doesnt happen again

thanks in advance

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice