Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Netflix has given the green light to Chary & Dad, an all-new series based on the comedic blog posts from the popular, "like button"-pressing reporter @Chary from GBAtemp.

In this sitcom, Chary will deal with the everyday quirks and hilarious adventures that happen with living with her dad who is slowly learning about the technological advancements in the world since the 90s.

She will lead the series as her IRL counterpart - the reporter for GBAtemp. The supporting cast includes Costello, relauby, shaunj66, DinohScene, AlanJohn, Scarlet, BORTZ, Flame, VinsCool, FAST6191, and Deleted User.

Prans is set to serve as writer and showrunner of Chary & Dad, which will consist of twelve episodes.

The executive producers include Steven Spielberg.

“I couldn’t be more thrilled about Chary & Dad, one of the funniest blog series, finally being translated into live-action for the screen,” said Chary. “Under the sharp guidance of showrunner Steven Spielberg, our incredible creative team, sure-to-be stellar cast and GBAtemp have teamed with Netflix to produce this provocative adaptation that will bring these characters and concepts to an all new audience and yet still provide excitement and surprises for die-hard fans.

He added: “I’m especially excited to see Chary's dad brought to life — he has the charisma, style and vital edginess that I’ve been envisioning in the role for years.”

Prans' credits include writing on GBAtemp.

The cast also includes Dionicio3, Jacklack3, Foxi4, and KiiWii.

Also on board are Seriel, x65943, Isaac, and Joe88.

The series is a Netflix production and comes out of Netflix’s first look deal with GBAtemp. Netflix and GBAtemp haven't previously collaborated on anything.

Recent GBAtemp projects include the Temper Tantrums comic strip series, Temporary mode on the site, Tempcast, and Switch modding.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
so who's been cast for Chary's dad?

In this sitcom, Chary will deal with the everyday quirks and hilarious adventures that happen with living with her dad who is slowly learning about the technological advancements in the world since the 90s.
Great synopsys. I'd watch that, even without the GBAtemp background :D

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for Charying these important news.
I can't wait to see Idris Elba as Dad and Jessica Alba as Chary.
But that would never work they are both nearly the same age. Oh wait I forgot it was on Netflix they do that all the time you know like when they use actors in their 40s as high school kids ect lol.

Anyhoo I would have Larry David as dad

larry-david-2018-nom-450x600.jpg

And Isabela Moner as Chary

MV5BMTY0MTg4MzQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM1NjkwNjM@._V1_-1.jpg

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
  • Love
Reactions: AmandaRose

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Netflix has given the green light to Chary & Dad, an all-new series based on the comedic blog posts from the popular, "like button"-pressing reporter @Chary from GBAtemp.

She will lead the series as her IRL counterpart - the reporter for GBAtemp. The supporting cast includes Costello, relauby, shaunj66, DinohScene, AlanJohn, Scarlet, BORTZ, Flame, VinsCool, FAST6191, and Deleted User.

Prans is set to serve as writer and showrunner of Chary & Dad, which will consist of twelve episodes.

The executive producers include Steven Spielberg.

“I couldn’t be more thrilled about Chary & Dad, one of the funniest blog series, finally being translated into live-action for the screen,” said Chary. “Under the sharp guidance of showrunner Steven Spielberg, our incredible creative team, sure-to-be stellar cast and GBAtemp have teamed with Netflix to produce this provocative adaptation that will bring these characters and concepts to an all new audience and yet still provide excitement and surprises for die-hard fans.

He added: “I’m especially excited to see Chary's dad brought to life — he has the charisma, style and vital edginess that I’ve been envisioning in the role for years.”

Prans' credits include writing on GBAtemp.

The cast also includes Dionicio3, Jacklack3, Foxi4, and KiiWii.

Also on board are Seriel, x65943, Isaac, and Joe88.

The series is a Netflix production and comes out of Netflix’s first look deal with GBAtemp. Netflix and GBAtemp haven't previously collaborated on anything.

Recent GBAtemp projects include the Temper Tantrums comic strip series, Temporary mode on the site, Tempcast, and Switch modding.
Larsenv you are an amazing reporter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended