OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Netflix discs have already been shipping out to quite a few Wii users for a couple of weeks now, but Nintendo and Netflix have only just now finally announced that the discs and service are "fully available" to all users as of today. So, if you weren't among the rather large initial group, you should be receiving your disc any day now (if you haven't already), and you can of course still request a disc from Netflix if you haven't done so -- assuming you have a Netflix membership, that is.
Source

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't need this thanks to homebrew
rolleyes.gif

My Wii can read all the multimedia files I want from my HDD.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was impatiant and downloaded the ISO.
Set up the code via the PS3 disc page which I ordered for the heck of it since I don't own a PS3.
Then ever since my parents hog my Wii like its a whole new TV channel.
Its nice that they take an interest in how to hold the wii mote correctly but dang it, Tatsunoko VS capcom doesn't play itself. Neither will Monster hunter :3
Not that I don't like the excuse to use the larger TV in the house but its hard to mess with new homebrew when its being tied up is all.
Course once I move out they'll be begging to borrow it. Bah.

Anyway, still waiting for my official disc. Which I wont be using but I want it.

I prefer to use backup discs only and save myself any sudden frisby tournaments going on with my discs. (I have young relatives....)

As for the Netflix program is pretty decent.
Needs some features updated and the single Instant Que instead of a favorites list and other more advanced listing options brings it down a bit.
The loading times aren't too bad but they do take a minute and need some patience when scene skipping.
Overall if you have netflix its just a nice option to have.

For me I find using homebrew for movies to be fun and all but more of a hassle than its worth.
Mplayer is nice for youtube videos though, but its not quite as usefull as say Gotube on the PSP since I can't make favorites or search for videos without making a list on my computer.

Anyway, Netflix Wii disc is rather nice and free if you already subsribe with Netflix so its worth a try atleast.
Though do be warned they cycle the movies in and out every few weeks without warning on the Wii (only online on the site) so if you add the movies to your que you have to remember what it was before they remove the title if you missed the chance to watch it.
Hopefully they'll have a convient way around this in future updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum