Netflix announces live-action series 'The Witcher: Blood Origin'

the witcher.png

Following the success of the first season of the live-action TV series of The Witcher, Netflix has not only a Season 2 planned but a new spin-off series as well. Indeed, the streaming giant announced The Witcher: Blood Origin. This 6 part live-action spin-off series will take place 1200 years before Geralt of Rivia and will revolve around the story of the first Witcher.

Additional details haven't been provided at this time but we will update you once we hear more. Are you looking forward to this spin-off?

:arrow: SOURCE

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I keep meaning to watch the witcher season 1 is it any good?
It’s fine for what it is. The writing suffers a lot from them telling three non-concurrent stories at once. Some really solid action scenes in most episodes though, and the chemistry between a few of the actors is really good. The books tell the stories better of course, but it laid a good groundwork that can hopefully be fixed and improved for season 2

Reactions: yoyoyo69 and Xzi

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I keep meaning to watch the witcher season 1 is it any good?
It's a good show, don't mind the haters (mostly book readers)
Only problem with the show that it seems with low budget unloke GOT, other than that it's enjoyable.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It’s fine for what it is. The writing suffers a lot from them telling three non-concurrent stories at once. Some really solid action scenes in most episodes though, and the chemistry between a few of the actors is really good. The books tell the stories better of course, but it laid a good groundwork that can hopefully be fixed and improved for season 2
This, pretty much. The only major problem I had with the show was all the timeline jumping between scenes in the same episode, it gets a bit disorienting and if you don't know the source material well you'll have a pretty difficult time following what's going on.

But it's a good enough show to watch if you're a fan of the series.

As to the spin-off, neat, so long as they don't butcher any of the currently known lore in the process I'll probably enjoy it.

Reactions: RyRyIV

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really tried to like it, I git used to Cavill eventually, I suppose he's imitating Geralt, so ultimately it's decent.

But the story telling is dire, very poorly done. It would be a decent show if they had someone who could weave it together.

I seriously hope season 2 is a lot better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea