NESDS & Sound files

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Magitekwarrior, Oct 10, 2006.

Oct 10, 2006

NESDS & Sound files by Magitekwarrior at 6:31 AM (660 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Magitekwarrior
    OP

Newcomer Magitekwarrior Member

Why is it that these things seem difficult to use? NesDS documentation makes no sense.
    It does not tell you how to install it - at least its unclear. Can anyone clear it up for me? I've tried playing it as a gba rom. I tried using NDStool to convert it to a ds rom.. None of these work, All u get is a white screen. Unless, ... Oh. ya .. [​IMG] .. it probably not compatible with ds g6 lite.

The other thing is, I used media extend - and it looks good but, sound is aweful. In fact the only movie converter program that shows some decent VIDEO is this program called
    Batch DPG - it works like a bomb... but the sound is like that of a Bomb -it plays out of sync, slowmo, etc. Now i understand that this is probably a DS sound failing.. But then how do games produce quality sound. Fifa07 plays music and features 'albeit sucky' commentary which is clear. So what sound settings should be used to produce sound that is clear even if it sounds 'tinny'. - Also just 2 b in sync?

2. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    For the video I can only say what works for me and that I haven't tried anything else. I raised the bitrate of both the audio and video the first time I used Batch DPG to 256 and 512 (or was it 384?) respectively and I get real nice quality videos with synced audio and visuals. (I never tried the default settings)

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    NesDS: http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/nesDS/
    You grab it fire the builder fire up nesds.exe and find your unzipped roms and hit save, I do not know what extension the G6 requires but the file that was output from the nesds.exe is what you need.

Video question, for video the audio is converted to MP2 with a samplerate or 32000 for stereo, coupled with the fact the bitrate is normally not very high (anything below about 192 for MP2 is not going to be great you will never get fantastic sounding audio.
    If you convert it to mono and use 48000 as a samplerate and finally get a set of headphones you will get better audio. Games use either midi variant or (LD)PCM for audio which will usually give a higher quality (at the expense of resources).

As for the out of sync it could be a fair few issues, for starters AVI with VBR MP3 can kark it all up, the fact you have done a framerate conversion probably does not help either although you more likely falling on the DS not having much power. To alleviate this try fiddling the the options in the global ini file:
    (stolen from yee's batchdpg guide, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35547 )
    Open your "global.ini" in the Shell folder of MoonShell with Notepad and edit the following - Dithering=1 / GOPSkip=1 and replace the 1's with 0's. Also, if the video bitrate and frame rate is too high, it may cause more in-video skips. You can also play around with the AdaptiveDelayControl. What it does if set to 1 is focus mainly on video and sound sync and if set to 0, focus solely on video. I recommend setting it to 0 if you watch animation and 1 if you watch normal shows.