NES Remix had a Retail Release in Japan but what about EU/US?!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jul 23, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    Price: ¥2,584 (£15 / $25)​
    Release date: April 24, 2014​
    Retail release available: Japan​
    Amazon.jp: Link
    This is pretty shitty of Nintendo to be releasing the NES Remix collection only in Japan and leaving the European/US gamers out of this, I was looking forward to purchasing this but then searched it up today and read that it already came out in Japan (during April 2014) though nothing for EU/US.​
    Sure I could just buy the digital edition but this game is the type that deserves a physical release on the shelf, hell, it's like the sequel to Nintendo World Championships when you think about it!​

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    The problem is that Digital Media for a Micro game like this warrants more of a digital release in the states and Europe then trying to push digital in japan.
    Not as many people care about cases and such here in the states, especially for such small games when you could just download it.
    I remember when the physical version of New super Luigi U released, it sold pretty horrific at my local gamestop and target.
    I'm a big digital guy myself, but I usually go to gamestop and ask for spare cases for my digitally owned games, so I have a digital copy of a game and a physical case.

3. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London

TBF the same could be said for nearly all Wii U gaems.

4. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Im sorry but i dont agree that games like this deserve a physical release. I mean really? Its a great collection of games (Truely, it is) but they can all be emulated online easily and if you are so hell bent on having it on your console then digital is the way to go. If im playing Monster hunter or zombiu and i wanna switch to play some nostalgic game for 10-15mins, im not going to want to get up, get the case, swap the discs and go back to my seat knowing full well ill be doing the same thing again in 15mins.

5. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    This game isn't a rom which you can download from a website and play it, Nintendo made a lot of changes for its challenging and diverse purpose.

You play ZombiU? Oh dear Miyamoto, please forgive him.

6. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I did try and check it out but i couldnt find any infomation that specificed what changes would be made but even so, they cant be that major. I like that they're trying and ill probably get it digitally but production costs for a wii-u disc release? Way too much for such a niche game.

Also despite replying and directly quoting my responce i made about Zombiu in another topic, you forgot i like and play Zombiu? Well i do see you spend alot of time on this forum replying to practically every thread here so i guess its hard to remember everyone but still, it wasnt THAT long ago. Yes i play the game. Iv completed it from start to finish on normal mode 3 times and i play survival mode every so often for the challange. I personally think its one of the most enjoyable horror game experiences i have ever played.

7. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, I guess that in a million's chance there's one person who actually likes that garbage zombie game.

UbiSoft should have made a public apology for releasing the game on the Wii U because it's an embarrassment, for the system and for their reputation.

yuyuyup likes this.
  8. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Because it's one of UbisSoft's worst offender, the game wasn't that bad. For a typical cheesy wii game it's pretty good.

9. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    mmm... a Nintendo World Championship for Wii U...

Seriously though, digital isn't big in Japan. It's why they have a physical release of NES Remix. It's why there was never a doubt whether Bayonetta 1 would be on the Japanese retail disc. It's why Wii Sports Club had a hardware bundle in Japan before any retail release in the West.

Nintendo has said the US is its biggest market for eShop digital releases. With EU being a very mixed bunch, I can understand why Nintendo isn't releasing NES Remix in the West as a retail release. As unfortunate as that is for the few of us who'd like a retail copy. (Kinda wishing they'd at least make an exclusive Club Nintendo release...)

10. ieatpixels

ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    Looks pretty cool!
    I hope we get a release for our regions. The NES Remix games are must-buys for me when I get a Wii U.

11. Apex

Apex GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    茨城県

Hardware bundles over here do not come with physical discs, they come with the digital versions pre-loaded into the system.

Proof: I bought the Wii U Mario Bros U, Wii Party U, and Wii Fit U bundle last week. Also, I could be wrong on this, but I haven't seen a physical release of Wii Sports U, I don't think there is one.

12. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    We don't get a bundle of age old games. The horror, the horror!

Damn you, Nintendo, damn you to hell!

EDIT: Wait, so this is just a minigame collection? I think Nintendo did us all a favor.

mercluke likes this.
  13. overdriver

overdriver Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States
    http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/wii-sports-club/115563
    Wii Sports Club will be released tomorrow at US local store(7/25/14). maybe that's why.. ?!

14. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
  15. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    First people want NES Remix and now we're "hyped" for Wii Sports Club getting a physical release?

Holy shit how deluded are people? One's a shitty minigame collection, the other was a tech demo from the last generation with a $40 price tag on it.

Gahars, Skelletonike and mercluke like this.
  16. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    If people are willing to pay for it then there's nothing wrong.

Still better than buying a Dynasty Warriors clone.

17. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

At least Dynasty Warriors is fun and there's like... actual content. You're basically paying for yet another shit minigame collection and a game that came with the Wii for free. I just don't get this mentality.

Skelletonike likes this.
  18. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    What's fun to you doesn't mean everyone else will think exactly the same way.

Just the other way I was starting to watch Zelda's Dynasty Warriors trailer and *sigh* seeing the bland, lifeless, uninteresting enemies just standing there to be slashed away as well as it plays like every other Dynasty Warriors game made me lose complete interest. God damn, Omega Force can't do a single good game it's always DW turds.

19. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    It actually maintains a Metacritic rating of 77. I think it would be a decent game but the gameplay just isn't there, and if beating/shooting zombies doesn't feel good then what's the point. Also all the inventory accessing/scanning is plodding, finally I don't want to kill the British; I want the British to live.

20. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    Wigan, UK
    I actually like that box, and wouldn't mind it in my collection! Not arsed about the disc as I've got both NES Remixes already (fun games by the way)
    *Has both a Famicom & NES at home*

I'm not sure that us not getting this is big news/DAMN YOU NINTY!, but yeah, I still like that box! :lol:

*also quite enjoyed ZombiU* - Come on lads, it's probably only worth digital-$9.99 money, but it's not that bad.... Suppose you'd be pissed off if you paid full rrp for it, but then it only cost me like £15 if I remember... multiplayer was a hilariously 5-minutes tack-on too, but was worth a few goes...