NES on the g6lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by BenDiesel, Sep 30, 2006.

Sep 30, 2006

NES on the g6lite by BenDiesel at 12:16 AM (965 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. BenDiesel
    OP

Newcomer BenDiesel Member

United States
    I realize its probably as straightforward as it can get, but would someone mind explaining me how to go about getting NES to work on the g6?

Thanks in advance

2. natkoden

Member natkoden Not a New Member

Argentina
    You need an emulator, like nesterDS, and of course, a rom

3. BenDiesel
    OP

United States
    I have my roms ready, and I was under the impression the G6 had a built in emulator, just wasnt sure if I just write them on in the GBA menu or what

The only reason I ask is becuase the g6 cant be detected on my computer so I have to use someone elses to add games.. Makes it hard to fool around with it

4. doubledragon

Newcomer doubledragon Member

Well the way I got my NES roms going on my card was is that I used Pocketnes to make a ".gba" file than I flashed it to my card as a gameboy advance rom. I'm not sure if there is any other way to do so but that's the way I did it. I don't have any links but if you google "pocketnes" I'm sure you'll find it.

5. nunofgs

Member nunofgs GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    The G6 does indeed have built-in emulators. Just copy them to the cart as if they were GBA games. (through the G6 software of course)

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You might as well use the NES emulator that's actually written for the DS. It's full screen and uses the touchscreen for options and selecting your game and such.

There's a few different versions, but the one that seems to be the most advanced is the "WIP" version (though it's the only one I've tried actually, so I don't know how the others are).

Go here:
    nesDS WIP

That download comes with everything you should need to get it working. Just transfer the ds.gba file created over to your G6 using Explorer and then go through the MyCard menu on the G6 to start the game(s).

...word is bondage...

7. BenDiesel
    OP

United States
    Ahh, through the GBA menu.. This works! Thanks!

I think Ill try this other emu next, when I browse the games in the gba menu they all have the same name