Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
top-10-nes_1280179334.jpg

For the first time since it launched, the NES has sold fewer units than the Playstation Vita in Japan's weekly sales figures.

According to a translation by a NeoGAF user, Japanese sales analysts Media Create report that the Vita sold 11,456 units between February 18th and February 24th, while the NES came in behind at 0.

Note that this is before the Vita price drop has even come into effect. Expect the numbers to be even more skewed next week.

Interestingly, the 3DS is still slaughtering the competition with 74,729 units sold last week.

Nintendo's NES has been performing poorly for the past several years, racking in consistently zero sales in both software and hardware. With no new game releases, some are thinking Nintendo just gave up on the console. Because Nintendo is fucking terrible.

While the NES originally had a strong start in its first few years, it dwindled quickly, selling consistently no units for the past several years.

:arrow: Source

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
top-10-nes_1280179334.jpg

Nintendo's NES has been performing poorly for the past several years, racking in consistently zero sales in both software and hardware. With no new game releases, some are thinking Nintendo just gave up on the console. Because Nintendo is fucking terrible.

While the NES originally had a strong start in its first few years, it dwindled quickly, selling consistently no units for the past several years.

:arrow: Source

These are indeed dark times for Nintendo, their very future is but hanging by a thread, and we the users, must rally together and put a stop to such madness. I propose that we write a letter to Nintendo of Japan, asking them to initiate the manufacture of Famicom/NES consoles which will in turn, help with sales. Sure, it will be messy financially for a little while, but this should help.

Reactions: Scuba156 and Foxi4

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I blame this silly remote control device. Controls are meant to be part of the console, all this new design does is make your hands tired after ten minutes of playing.

Also, lol "cartridges". Like this thing will ever have more than two or three games, they should have just built them in.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bullshit Nintendo released no new games for the console- we had a new one less than a year ago

You are so biased Guild, I give serious thought to leaving this website for enough time to shower and eat breakfast
all the time because of it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pssh, nobody cares about the older games. What pisses me off is that NeoGeo has no forwards compatibility. I mean come on, think about the future you morons!
You can't prove that nobody cares about older games, everyone wants BC, you're just rejecting my evidence because you don't like it.
Who cares about being able to support upcoming titles, everyone wants older games.

Reactions: Scuba156

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You don't have any proof that people besides you want BC.
I conducted a poll and 100% of the people polled (i.e., me) want BC, it might be overestimating the actual interest but it might also be underestimating it, you don't know and can't prove it.

Also I initially meant the NES with the lack of BC quip but what the hey.

Reactions: Scuba156

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I conducted a poll and 100% of the people polled (i.e., me) want BC, it might be overestimating the actual interest but it might also be underestimating it, you don't know and can't prove it.

Also I initially meant the NES with the lack of BC quip but what the hey.
Still just mad because the Master System did it right

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat