NES issue in Retroarch - Vita: Error C2-12828-1

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by machjas, Jul 11, 2018.

  1. machjas
    OP

    machjas Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    Good evening!

    Just modded my Vita last weekend (3.65, h-encore), and having an issue with Retroarch. I've set up snes, Genesis, master system, 32x, game gear, GB/C/A, TurboGrafx, and maybe one or two others, all work beautifully.

    Trying NES, however, I go to load a rom, it hangs for a second, then I get an error C2-12828-1 and crashes Retroarch. It does this with the FCEUmm and NEStopia UE cores. The QuickNES core just crashes the whole system with a GPU driver error and forces a reboot. This is the only console I'm having this trouble with, and also happens to be the one I care about most.

    I'm currently using RetroArch 7-10-18 nightly, I've tried the most recent stable release as well. I also tried reinstalling the app and deleting the ..\data\retroarch folder and starting fresh, same problem. Also using a fresh copy of my romset. I haven't had any luck elsewhere on Google since this C2-12828-1 error is pretty generic.

    Hoping someone can help me out with this, I'm not having any luck. Thanks in advance!
     
  2. Dave_Chad

    Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    4
    Jun 29, 2016
    Not really helpful but I just tested on mine I'm running an older 1.7.1 release. Mario Bros on FCEUnes or whatever it's called works just fine.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
     
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  3. machjas
    OP

    machjas Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    I might as well give it a shot, I'm seriously running out of ideas.

    I took a shot in the dark and did a Database Rebuild in Safe Mode, and no change.
     
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  4. machjas
    OP

    machjas Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    I was able to figure it out! I downgraded retroarch to 1.7.1, and replaced my romset, and it worked. I upgraded to one of the more recent nightly builds of retroarch to test and it still worked, so I'm guessing I just had a corrupt set. So relieved to have that sorted. Thanks for your suggestion, Dave! It put me on the right track.
     
  5. Dave_Chad

    Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    4
    Jun 29, 2016
    I didn't do much but i'll take some credit ha ha. Glad you're sorted!
     
    MUDD_BR likes this.
Loading...