RELEASE Nereba Exploit: Reboot to Fusée Gelée payload from stock firmware.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Deleted-442439, Apr 19, 2019.

1. tjok3000

tjok3000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    Belgium
    Is for a switch with firmware 1.0.0, the Nereba exploit with help from pc on wifi, and with atmosphere with emu for higher firmware as for now the best option?
    Or i'm curious are there also other developments going on for 1.0.0?

2. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    On my 1.0.0 I boot into stock 1.0 OFW then run fake news to access Pegascape DNS in order to run nereba to load SX OS payload (or Atmosphere whatever) into emunand on 8.1.
    It sounds long winded but really only takes a few seconds.
    So as long as the Pegascape DNS is up you've basically got a method to boot to 8.1 emunand direct from OFW.
    I host Pegascape locally as well and use my PC as second DNS entry in case Pega is down but it never has been.
    Outside of a modchip/trinket, I think this is the only way to enable CFW from Stock OFW without need of a PC or other cables/dongles etc.

tjok3000 likes this.
  3. tjok3000

tjok3000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    Belgium
    That sounds like a very nice solution. So the only thing is a wifi to internet or a pc as a backuphost to Pegascape is needed I understand.

Do you know if Pegascape is also hostable on for example an android phone?
    For my ps4 i got some sort of a Pegascape, but I can trigger it with an old android phone.

4. snoofly

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Sorry, I'm not sure, I expect so but I've never tried it.
    I use a ESP8266 for my PS4 and I think you can go that route also with Pegascape so I expect you can also use an Android phone as well
    but https://gbatemp.net/threads/pegaswi...witch-4-1-using-esp8266-chip-possible.542740/ maybe a place to enquire?
    I guess 99.99% of time the Pega DNS is available and you can hotspot to it thru your phone if you have no wifi so it's not something I looked into.

tjok3000 likes this.
  5. tjok3000

tjok3000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    Belgium
    I don't have that chip, maybe I get one. It looks like a cool thing to try with that ESp8266 chip!
    A hotspot with the phone is also a nice solution if I want to enable when away from home.

6. snoofly

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I tried the hotspot and connected the switch to that and it worked fine, that was my only concern - if I had no wifi.
    And sure, get a couple of ESP8266s - they're handy little things. I have one hanging off my 5.05 ps4 with Leeful exploit flashed to it
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...st-and-esp-devices.534441/page-5#post-8743282

7. modern

modern Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Brazil
    I read thru the thread and am a bit confused.... is this a semi cold boot exploit?

I have a switch without any burnt fuses so I can go back to 1.0.0 I used puyo to hack my switch so redo that with this exploit. Then I reupgrade with Choidoujour to 8.1.0? Without auto rcm wouldn’t switch burn fuses? Do I use that emu thing to have 1.0.0 stock and Cfw 81.0?

Edit so I read back 5 posts and seems I need to run pegaswitch each time so seems for now using a pc to drop payload is easier for now

Last edited by modern, Aug 10, 2019
  8. snoofly

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    you do mostly what you said but create an emunand and upgrade that via choi to 8.1.
    You don’t touch your sys firm at all, that stays at 1.0 for the purpose of launching nereba via pegascape
    and you don’t need rcm as you’ll always only boot to 1.0 so you won’t burn anything
    You don’t need pc cables or dongles, just wifi or hotspot

of course all this assumes you are sure you haven’t burnt any fuses at all else you won’t be able to boot to stock 1.0 so double check that

Last edited by snoofly, Aug 10, 2019
Quick Reply
OP
Draft saved Draft deleted