RELEASE Nereba Exploit: Reboot to Fusée Gelée payload from stock firmware.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by jjbredesen, Apr 19, 2019.

1. wolfidroid

wolfidroid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Israel
    was so exited till i saw 1.0 only

Erol likes this.
  2. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    anyone try sxos emunand?

Skonikol likes this.
  3. ItziRyan156

ItziRyan156 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Malaysia
    I'm a newbie in console modding, just brought a new switch recently without knowing that it was patched, does nereba exploit work on patched switch? Since it almost feels like the same with deja vu does, I'm on 5.1.0 patched switch atm.

4. digitalforums

digitalforums GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2004
    Cheshire, England
    If the switch is Ipatched then it won't work, especially as this is for units with firmware 1.0 on and yours is 5.1.0.

5. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    If the switch is Ipatched or not doesn't matter with this exploit only the firmware version. But afaik all ipatched switches are shipped with a higher firmware.

But for @ItziRyan156 the coldboot exploit should be possible until fw 7.0, so a working exploit for your switch should come in the next couple months if you don't update ;)

hippy dave likes this.
  6. ItziRyan156

ItziRyan156 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Malaysia
    I'm definitely staying on 5.1.0 like it's my own life, never let anyone from my household touching my switch, but too bad sounds like my switch will be collecting dust for now. But I thought only deja vu were possible on ipatched units? Is there a possible coldboot exploit in the the future? I thought ipatched units means no cooldboot exploit since fuse gelee coolboot exploit is possibly the only hardware hack available atm.

Last edited by ItziRyan156, May 14, 2019
  7. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    oops, sorry, i wanted to say software exploit ^^

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Deja Vu can be made to work up to firmware 7.0.1 but it'll require some work which means those on higher firmware versions will have to wait longer for it to be ported than those on lower firmware versions.

9. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    If it was possible to update any console to 7.0.1 (from game cart?) then it’d make sense just to make the hack work on that version instead all the previous ones.

10. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    It will be made first to the specific firmware where it's easiest to implement. Then it will work its way up.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

11. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    This would interest me much more if it wasn't detectable by nintendo while online, or didn't touch the sysnand. Would save having to install auto-rcm and you could essentialiy switch between an emunand and sysnand with just the use of a dongle. Im guessing this will warrant a ban though.

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Any modification to your switch warrant a ban from Nintendo.

13. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    In theory true. As far as I know, using Linux based apps doesn't touch the nand at all though(Lakka, Ubuntu) aswell as Autorcm, things done offline in emunand etc....
    Used correctly none of them has led to anyone getting banned and using different operating systems probably aren't even remotely detectable by Nntendo. If your going to use the above method effectively you might aswell be banned in the first place or stay offline. Im sure their are plenty of people that don't care to have their console get banned or just stay offline, so it will be of use to them.

Last edited by Jackson98, May 15, 2019
  14. LeMageFro

LeMageFro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    France
    Hi guys, I completely missed the news about déjà vu being compatible up to 7.0, does anyone have a link ?

15. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Not necessarily. Later firmware are harder to exploit and some of the parts of the exploit chain may not have been fixed in the latest version, so you're likely to see older firmware versions get it first.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City

LeMageFro likes this.
  17. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    Can anyone confirm, if we update our Switches past 7.0.1 and revert back to a lower firmware (also, without burning fuses), would we still be able to use Deja Vu when it finally arrives?

18. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    yea, as long as you don’t burn your fuses and are able to downgrade to <=7.0.1 you’ll be able to use Deja Vu

19. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    If you are on 7.0.1 and updated to 8.0.1, there will be no fuse to burn.
    However i don't know if you can downgrade from 8 to 7.

20. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    If their system isn’t FG patched, it’s simple

If it is FG patched, downgrading is not a simple task