OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

NeoPop emulates the SNK NeoGeo Pocket handheld console. It is based on NeoPop/SDL by neopopUK and ported to the Nintendo GameCube by The "Genesis Plus" Team. It has been converted from a PC based platform to run on the GameCube's proprietary PPC Gekko processor and features customized code to give you the best gaming experience possible. See changelog.txt for the whole history.
Features

?NeoGeo Pocket Color Emulation with sound
?1-2 Player Support
?FreezeState suport (save & load)
?Load a game from SDCARD or DVD (4.7GB support for Wii users)
?Zipped rom support
?Load/Save FreezeState files (compressed) from/to Memory Card & SDCARD
?SDLOAD or IPL reboot option

Installation

1.Create a directory named "neopop" at the root of the SDCARD.

2.Inside this directory, you have to create then a subdirectory named "roms" to put all your roms.

3.You should also create a subdirectory named "saves" where SRAM and FreezeState files will be saved
Changelog

20/06/2008 (Askot): - WII mode support added - updated to devkitpror15 - added libfat support - removed sdcard support - former System Reboot option now separated in PSO/SD/TP reload - added reboot console option - added sort file method when selecting file

20/07/2007 (eke-eke): - added 4.7GB DVD support for WII drives (the maximal allowed size for Gamecube DVD is still 1.35GB) - removed MPAL video timings, always use 60Hz NTSC: fix display problems for PAL wii users (no more PAL50 version needed) - added Console Reboot option in main menu (System Reboot), also used for SDLOAD reboot - Freezestate files are now compressed (using zlib) - FreezeState files can now be saved/loaded to/from SDCARD: located in /neopop/saves/ from the root of your SDCARD - changed initial ROM directory for SDCARD user: now looking for /neopop/roms/ from the root of your SDCARD - added new font: now use original IPL font, extracted from Bootrom - modified controls when going into the rom selection menu (DVD or SDCARD):

. use B button to go up one directory
. use Z button to quit the file selection menu
. use L/R triggers to go down/up one full page
. use Left/Right buttons or Analog stick to scroll the selected entry's filename when it can't be full displayed

- various menu rearrangment, minor bugfixes & sourcecode cleanup

24/03/2007 (eke-eke): - added SDCARD subdirectory browsing & LFN support - DVD automount using libogc "DVD_Mount" function - use ASM GU functions used intead of 'C' ones for rendering speedup - memory card mounting "fix" - dynamically allocated rom location: this means you don't need a linked rom anymore and we can now provide binary release

Drack's release:

- fixes to compile with last libogc

Wxcvn's release:

- SDCARD support for ROM loading (it looks for a folder NPROMS)

original releases by softdev:

- GP renderer: you can adjust size and aspect
- Threaded sound engine
- Load npc and zip from DVD (gc-linux homebrew bootable disc)
- Save / Load Game States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2