Homebrew Neopop Port (Neo geo pocket emu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as I dont know when I'll have the time to code seriously on this, here is it the source code so anyone can touch and make it better.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9cmm4um928dm8ui/neopop_source.rar

Hmm, maybe a 'legacy edition' is in order.

Edit: I tried compiling from the source you gave, and it says that it is missing a header? I was given this error.

Code:
/home/bbnorman/Downloads/neopop_source/source/Z80_interface.h:38:17: fatal error: Z80.h: No such file or directory
#include "Z80.h"

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, maybe a 'legacy edition' is in order.

Edit: I tried compiling from the source you gave, and it says that it is missing a header? I was given this error.

maybe a case sensitive error? I'm compiling in windows and I have no problems with this, but dont know in linux.

cause it's searching for Z80.h but file is named z80.h ...

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a case sensitive error? I'm compiling in windows and I have no problems with this, but dont know in linux.

cause it's searching for Z80.h but file is named z80.h ...

Hmm, maybe you're right. I looked through your source files, and I didn't see it the first time. I looked through it just now, and it is there, but still giving me that error. I'm currently trying to compile from my command line, so I'll give it a try from and IDE later tonight.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still great to see someone is working on emulating my favorite handled device, keep up dude :3

Also can we remove the neogeo pocket skin around the display? I find this kind of disturbing, even tho I understand that optimizing emulation is higher priority than just end user functionalities.

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also can we remove the neogeo pocket skin around the display? I find this kind of disturbing, even tho I understand that optimizing emulation is higher priority than just end user functionalities.

just delete neo2.bin file on neopop folder. It is really a bmp file with the skin, you can edit it or simply delete the file.

Reactions: SLiV3R and Idaho

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok great, thanks for the infos, I'll try to publish an article about your new version on that french website I post articles on...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for the update! Good to see the emulator is still alive!

Small issue, I have Sonic Pocket Adventure correctly renamed as rom.ngc in the emulator directory, but the emulator briefly runs before immediately exiting back to the Homebrew Launcher. Sonic worked fine in the previous release so it's a bit strange!

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your work with this emulator! Are you Vaguilar on github?

no, I'm always Seagal. Havent tried Vaguilar's port already .

Small issue, I have Sonic Pocket Adventure correctly renamed as rom.ngc in the emulator directory, but the emulator briefly runs before immediately exiting back to the Homebrew Launcher. Sonic worked fine in the previous release so it's a bit strange!

Sonic is the game I'm using for testing and it works ok on my system. Thats strange.

edit: oooppps, my fault. It was loading 'sonic.ngc', I've recompiled it again so nw it will load rom.ngc

http://www.mediafire.com/download/86b3vkf5f4rc8a5/neopop02.rar

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah it's weird - it could be something I'm doing wrong on my end, but I literally copied the update across and overwrote the old version so I'm using the same rom file.

I'll have a fiddle though!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Works now! This version is much improved over the previous build, really nice! :)

By the way, it seems the neo2.bin.bmp file in the new archive should be renamed back to neo2.bin. A small mistake, I assume!

Reactions: SLiV3R
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end