Homebrew Neogeo games in N3DS XL

tenkenkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, I have a N3DSXL with the armloader9hax and I am planning on buying an R4 card for it. Main reason is for playing NeoGeo and DS games.

What card do you guys recommend from personal experience? I want to play stuff like KOF98, the Metal Slug games, Shock Troopers 2, and even Garou if it is possible. How good is the NeoGeo emulator actually compability and framerate-wise? I have searched around the internet and surprisingly, there are very few videos about it..even less that are from 2016.

I would greatly appreciate your opinions. :)

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I cant understand why you need flash card to play neogeo, use retroarch 1.3.3 fba core instead,no need to worry about framerates,it runs 60 fps on new3ds

Last edited by pdapanda,

tenkenkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Well, I'm not familiar with retroarch. I've heard of it, sure, but I have no idea how it works. Do you know a good, easy to follow guide for this?

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I see. Well, I'm not familiar with retroarch. I've heard of it, sure, but I have no idea how it works. Do you know a good, easy to follow guide for this?
Just download the cores from the RetroArch thread as .cia format. You'll basically be downloading a bunch of emulators for different consoles (NES, SNES, MegaDrive, GBA etc.) including Neo Geo.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
stable doesnt mean no bug, those developers name some nightlies as stable archieve,but as the latest nightlies are broken and unusable,you should downlod 1.3.3 version

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i buyed a flashcard extra for neo geo roms, trust me it isnt worth it. it runs so bad that i could cry. it doesnt use the power of my n3ds xl. it only run like a NDS. cause nds mode. so i will try the retroarch too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs