Neogeo games in N3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by tenkenkid, Aug 2, 2016.

1. tenkenkid
    OP

tenkenkid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Hello everyone, I have a N3DSXL with the armloader9hax and I am planning on buying an R4 card for it. Main reason is for playing NeoGeo and DS games.

What card do you guys recommend from personal experience? I want to play stuff like KOF98, the Metal Slug games, Shock Troopers 2, and even Garou if it is possible. How good is the NeoGeo emulator actually compability and framerate-wise? I have searched around the internet and surprisingly, there are very few videos about it..even less that are from 2016.

I would greatly appreciate your opinions. :)

2. pdapanda

pdapanda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 19, 2014
    Switzerland
    I cant understand why you need flash card to play neogeo, use retroarch 1.3.3 fba core instead,no need to worry about framerates,it runs 60 fps on new3ds

Last edited by pdapanda, Aug 2, 2016
  3. tenkenkid
    OP

tenkenkid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    I see. Well, I'm not familiar with retroarch. I've heard of it, sure, but I have no idea how it works. Do you know a good, easy to follow guide for this?

4. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Just download the cores from the RetroArch thread as .cia format. You'll basically be downloading a bunch of emulators for different consoles (NES, SNES, MegaDrive, GBA etc.) including Neo Geo.

5. tenkenkid
    OP

tenkenkid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
  6. pdapanda

pdapanda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 19, 2014
    Switzerland
    stable doesnt mean no bug, those developers name some nightlies as stable archieve,but as the latest nightlies are broken and unusable,you should downlod 1.3.3 version

7. focusonme

focusonme Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    United States
    i buyed a flashcard extra for neo geo roms, trust me it isnt worth it. it runs so bad that i could cry. it doesnt use the power of my n3ds xl. it only run like a NDS. cause nds mode. so i will try the retroarch too