Hacking NeoGamma won't play my Luigi's Mansion

Naito-Tanuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way I am using 4.3e!

Everytime I try to load Luigi's Mansion from a burned Sony DVD-RW, it comes up with a DVD Err (Bad Download/Burn/Disc?). So I thought this might be to do with the ios and Mios. So I did the whole ios36 thing and installed it, but when I try to install the cMios by Wii Gator, it fails saying it needs a Trucha Bug Restorer which I have (1.4 Mod), it says Downgrade Failed!
So I can't use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.14 -> WiiGator cMIOS Installer 0.1 -> Neo Gamma R9!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SaranghaePokemon said:
By the way I am using 4.3e!

Everytime I try to load Luigi's Mansion from a burned Sony DVD-RW, it comes up with a DVD Err (Bad Download/Burn/Disc?). So I thought this might be to do with the ios and Mios. So I did the whole ios36 thing and installed it, but when I try to install the cMios by Wii Gator, it fails saying it needs a Trucha Bug Restorer which I have (1.4 Mod), it says Downgrade Failed!
So I can't use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.14 -> WiiGator cMIOS Installer 0.1 -> Neo Gamma R9!

Use modmii to mod your Wii from scratch.
Look in the hacking stickies.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
RW maybe the problem.

Have you used these discs with other games that work ? This will let us know if they work or not.
Do you have a normal DVD-R you could try Luigis Mansion on ? This will let us know if the game image is intact.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you get the error message "DVD+R/bad burn/DL problem?", it means that. If you didn't have a cIOS, it would return another error message.

NeoGamma simply can't read the disc, and that's because you try to r**e your Wii drive with a -RW.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:

That is a lot to do and imho wont help.

Oh, also worth noting.... some Wiis can't read DL discs (these wiis sometimes refuse to play RW even with a mod chip that supports them on other peoples wiis). If you've been in the scene for long enough you'll remember Nintendo replacing a lot of Wiis when SSBB came out because of this problem, so answer my 2 questions above please.

Now if you say the problem is the RW discs, this doesn't mean that NeoGamma+cMIOS cant read RW discs. It means either that is the problem, OR the Wii can't read them.

If anyone is reading this and HAS managed to play games burned on DVD-RW using NeoGamma, then please post. I'm curious as fook now
tongue.gif

Other things you could try to narrow this down...

- Load an original DL game EG: SSBB from the disc channel = if this fails, it's the Wii
*EDIT* the other ideas can wait.

Naito-Tanuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a blank DVD-R available I think, and I got the Wii in February 2009.

EDIT: I FOUND a blank DVD-R I am riping it now.
EDIT2: Err! DVD-R + no cIOS!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SaranghaePokemon said:
I have a blank DVD-R available I think, and I got the Wii in February 2009.

EDIT: I FOUND a blank DVD-R I am riping it now.
EDIT2: Err! DVD-R + no cIOS!

If the DVD-RW works after installing a cIOS, i'm sorry. But even if it works, i recommend to not put RWs in your Wii, they kill the drive. I expect you get the same error as before with your DVD-RW after installing a cIOS though.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
The RW works with NeoGamma ? So we get clarification.

Oh and take WiiPowers tips, the Wii dvd drive is one of the weakest links, they break very easily sometimes.

btw, glad you're sorted
smile.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slimmmmmm said:
Hielkenator said:

That is a lot to do and imho wont help.

Oh, also worth noting.... some Wiis can't read DL discs (these wiis sometimes refuse to play RW even with a mod chip that supports them on other peoples wiis). If you've been in the scene for long enough you'll remember Nintendo replacing a lot of Wiis when SSBB came out because of this problem, so answer my 2 questions above please.

Now if you say the problem is the RW discs, this doesn't mean that NeoGamma+cMIOS cant read RW discs. It means either that is the problem, OR the Wii can't read them.

If anyone is reading this and HAS managed to play games burned on DVD-RW using NeoGamma, then please post. I'm curious as fook now
tongue.gif

Other things you could try to narrow this down...

- Load an original DL game EG: SSBB from the disc channel = if this fails, it's the Wii
*EDIT* the other ideas can wait.

If you read the TS 1st post you'd see he was messing with cios an mios. That's why I said to rehack.
Turned out it helped him.
And i would only have taken 5 minutes max using modmii. It's DEAD easy and safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1