Hacking NeoGamma using cheats on reloader games?

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I've been at this for a couple of days now, and I'm just wondering something. I looked through the forums and tried to find a question similar to this, but I've had no luck. Either I suck at searching, or no one's asked this yet. Either way, I really don't care.

Anyways, my question is this: Is it possible at all to use Ocarina codes on a GameCube disc that has multiple games on it. NO! I do NOT mean multi-iso burnt discs, I mean games like,

Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Mega Collection, Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, LoZ: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest etc.

I ask, because recently I've got codes to work for some of my GameCube games, and I was wondering if it was possible for these titles. (And yes, I own them all.)

If any help could be relayed, that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I use that hook, it won't even load the disc. With the VI Hook I can PLAY, but cheats don't work. (Other single game discs work though, like Custom Robo for example.)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ceptor5665 said:
Whenever I use that hook, it won't even load the disc. With the VI Hook I can PLAY, but cheats don't work. (Other single game discs work though, like Custom Robo for example.)
Use VI as the first hook and try the unknown hooks as a second one.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ceptor5665 said:
What do you mean by first and second? Two different attempts, or...?
In the ocarina options you can choose GC Hook Type, there you should use VI. Then You can choose GC 2nd Hook, the last option, there you should use Unknown0, 1, 2 or 3. If you don't have this option get the latest neogamma here.

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest NeoGamma, but all I'm getting for GameCube Ocarina options are

GC Hook Type: (Set to VI, like you said.)
GC Ocarina: Yes
GC Debugger: No

Is there another menu I have to go to? It doesn't seem like I have that option available.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ceptor5665 said:
I have the latest NeoGamma, but all I'm getting for GameCube Ocarina options are

GC Hook Type: (Set to VI, like you said.)
GC Ocarina: Yes
GC Debugger: No

Is there another menu I have to go to? It doesn't seem like I have that option available.
Then you don't have the latest version.
Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qcfl9iymgce7ec4

edit: It should look like this
dsc01128rj.jpg

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! I have Beta 47, but only Rev17!

Thank you my good sir, I shall give that a try!

Edit: My only question is, where can I get Rev 21? I'm not sure that download includes it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 2nd hook is the hook used on every .dol/.elf loading process. It only works with backups on a softmodded Wii, because it requires the backup plugin. I could write that for retail discs too, but i'm way too lazy and energy-less lately for this.

And i don't think it would help you much, are there any cheats for these games? Right now NeoGamma is the only free loader that hooks into multi .dol GC games, i think not even Swiss supports it. (Swiss would most likely need another prepatcher for this/a prepatcher option for cheats)

PS: No hook as 1st hook should work too, the code handler will be inactive while you are in the game selection menu in this case. Oh and that's the option that should work, while others may crash the game(sometimes hooking with certain hooks makes games crash)

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, there are, yes.

But what I'm doing, is taking the original GameCube Action Replays, Convertign them a bunch of times and then using them.
Out of all of them, they all worked.

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, wait, it didn't work.

For LoZ, both versions I'm trying, they only work when I save, however they don't stay constant.

For example, the Infinite Rupees, Hearts and items codes only work when I save. WHEN I save though, the "Infinte" Really just acts like a refiller.

If I get hurt, lose 2 of my hearts, the codes when I save just refill my hearts.

So they DO work, just not the way they're supposed to. Any suggestions?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try different hook types, maybe the hook you selected hooks into a function that is only used in the game when saving.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ceptor5665 said:
So they DO work, just not the way they're supposed to. Any suggestions?
Try another hook type. I played around and VI as first and Unknown2 as second are working best without errors.

Ceptor5665

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that, and it's not even working at all. XD

I'll try the rest of the hooktypes, but I've tried them all so far. Nothing seems to be happening.

Opus64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also got Zelda Collector's Edition OoT codes to work with NeoGamma b56 with GC hook type as VI and 2nd hook as Unknown3. Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi