Hacking neogamma r8rc3 and gc backups

unr007d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 4.2u wii with cioscorp 3.6 installed...bootmii as boot2, priiloader, ios249rev17, cmios v.5..hermes 222/223/224/202 v.5 i use cfg loader for all my wii games which works flawless...but just recently wanted to play a gc backup of tony hawk's underground 2 and i keep getting dvd error 1142 with neogamma...so i tried gc backup launcher 0.2...which i get dvd failed to read...i no it is not my discs cause they all work with wii games (never had an issue yet with discs i use imgburn and burn @2X) i just tried the miospatcher and that didn't help either anybody else run into this problem or know what i can do to fix it cause i'd really like to play this game...

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Try miospatcher again and use v4 mios to patch. Version 4 seems to allow a bit more compatability with some games like the bonus ocarina disk you get with Windwaker it allows you to play master quest
Do you have the system menu ios patched with ciosporp? Are original GC games working?

unr007d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried patching again with v4 (i think i used 4 last time) but still no go....system menu patched with cioscorp? would that stop from getting gc backups to work? i don't have an original to try right now will get one and try it...thanks

unr007d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried patching again with v4 (i think i used 4 last time) but still no go....system menu patched with cioscorp? would that stop from getting gc backups to work? i don't have an original to try right now will get one and try it...thanks

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its possible its cioscorp did you install cmios from the corp package? if so it might not let you overwrite the file, but DO NOT delete the file. im not sure if its dangerous, but do not delete anything.

unr007d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i installed the RVL-cmios-v4-v3.6-Waninkoko.wad and the cIOS55-v5149-v3.6-rev14_DIP.wad but never tried a gc game then just installed the newest rev5 installer from wanikoko and tried a game with no such luck..

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Leave the Miosv4 installed.You could install a fresh BC as well and if that doesnt fix it Install a fresh ios70
as far as i know thats the only 3 things that affect GC play

unr007d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input...it was my discs...apparently for wii games my dvd rom likes maxell dvd-r's and for gamecube cube games it likes sony dvd-r's...weird but whatever it works...thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM