Neogamma problem with Colours!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kazekun, Mar 14, 2011.

Mar 14, 2011

Neogamma problem with Colours! by kazekun at 10:49 AM (1,473 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I have been around yesterday asking if neogamma would work fine with region free games, well it did! BUT unfortunatly its running my games on black and white :S i tryed to mess around with neogammar settings of colours but nothing helped, i have a rgb cable, that was suposed to fix this, but guess what, it makes my screen red -_- so i am stuck between to options, play ntsc games on a red colour, or black and white yay! Any of you has a sugestion of what i can do or buy to fix this problem ?

2. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hope this helps. Some wii games can be forced to use either ntsc code or pal code, some can't. It varies by disk. If you have a pal tv try and force the pal format on the ntsc game. The black and white signal you are getting is because your tv can't read the ntsc signal correct. You could always buy a new tv that supports both formats.

3. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    i am hoping for another solution [​IMG] maybe a tv adapter that can be plugged to nintedo cable or something, i dont want to buy a new tv to run 2 or 3 games.

4. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    I am thinking about buying the piece, but i am unsure if it will help with my problem, what you guys think? http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=20768

Its suposed to convert signal of ntsc to pal, before it reaches the tv itself but , they say its compatible with xbox, ps2, gamecube xbox360 but nothing about wii, should i buy this?

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Sorry since you have a PAL tv i assumed that it works with NTSC video signals, as i haven't seen one that doesn't for about 10 years. And yes i am speaking of CRTs, not LCDs.

Anyways, 1st thing to try is forcing the game to PAL480i. I told you to leave it on disc, because that gets the games to work, as you can see. If PAL480i freezes on a green screen, then try PAL480i + video mode patches. The video mode patches only help for about 50% of the games, but maybe you are lucky.

6. kazekun
    OP

Portugal

Oh shit man i love you!!!!!! it worked for this game at least! the pal480i + video patches on All, thank you very much, what is your opinion on this piece tough ? http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=20768 think it may solve my problem once and for all ?

7. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If that product really does what it says I think that should work on all games. I've never heard of it before though so I can't really say for sure either way.

8. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    when i had my ps2 i have used similiar products just instead of an adapter it used the whole cable, that did that, and they did work, we used to call it the colour cable [​IMG] (because my ps2 ntsc games worked in black and white also), i searched for such cable on the wii, and found nothing, so i am resourcing to an adapter instead. I have alredy ordered it, so when i get it, i will post results, for people with similiar problems as me.