NeoGamma or Gecko???

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by gokuguy, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

NeoGamma or Gecko??? by gokuguy at 10:57 PM (4,026 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. gokuguy
    OP

Member gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    At this time, im using NeoGamma R6 with CIOScorp to play my backup discs. The only thing that agrivates me, is that Ocarina will not work on it... When I use it by itself on HBC, it wont work for my games with 002 error (Punch Out). I tested Gecko OS 1.9.1 today, to test if Ocarina worked on it, & it works great so far. I was wondering a few things.

1) Is the game compatibility on Gecko better than or equal to NeoGamma? Also, will updating my CIOS rev9 to rev14?

2) Is there an actual channel for Gecko 1.9.1, that associates with CIOScorp, so I can still load my backups from the disc channel?

3) Should I switch?

2. WaRMarinE

Member WaRMarinE GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Your backup games work with Geckos? Mine doesnt.

And about your problem i was in the same thing, NeoGamma wont read Ocarina codes, i guess that you have to switch between the 3 options that are in there.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    NeoGamma has reduced and a little buggy Ocarina compatibility, but it works. So i don't understand what you want.

to 1) Gecko OS is not related to the cIOS in ANY way
    to 2) Gecko OS channel could render disc channel unusable???
    to 3) Why not just use both?

Also you use NeoGamma with cioscorp? You know that cioscorp affects games launched by NeoGamma only if they are IOS Reloading games?

4. gokuguy
    OP

Member gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1) I think I see now then... Gecko OS is working with channel, which is controlled with Neogamma right now, which associates with the cIOS, correct?

2) I have been using them both, NeoGamma for normal Disc channel, without cheats, & Gecko from HBC for cheats. I mainly wanted a way to either have gecko instead of neogamma to load the games (which I now understand that it isnt like Neogamma), or atleast have a quicker way to access it, instead of going through HBC & stuff. Are you saying that Gecko Channel might kill Disc Channel?