NeoGamma ocarina code loading problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Andriko, Jan 5, 2010.

Jan 5, 2010
  1. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    Heyyyyyeeelllo people, thanks for actually viewing my post, if you reply thanks a lot! My posts have a record for least replied...I tried everything "THE WORLD WILL END IF YOU DON'T REPLY" [​IMG] nothing... well, on to the important stuff.

Like the title says, NeoGamma doesn't wanna load ocarina codes [​IMG] , why don't I load the codes off the original Ocarina channel or homebrew? Answer: Ocarina only loads discs...and NeoGamma can pretty much load anything that you can forcefully put into the Wii. So...here's the things I did.

STUFF I HAVE(Stuff that's on my wii)
    -System menu 3.2 USA(I'm in Canada but whatever)
    -A bunch of IOS's that im not gonna list...although I'm gonna say I have Waninkoko's cIOS38 Rev 14, and I've heard of people saying something about cIOS249, and when I'm looking at all the IOS that I have, they dont tell me if its custom or not, and, I don't know if Nintendo released 249 =/ and I don't remember downloading it either... but NeoGamma runs fine with it, which was a requirement(IOS249) I also have another downloaded IOS, but I forgot what it's called so...what it does is make New Super Mario Bros, Guitar Hero 5, and some other new games actually work.
    -A bunch of homebrew, Waninkoko's WAD Installer V...1.5? NeoGamma, Gecko OS, games, IOSanity check, and stuff I don't think will interfere.
    -A harddrive, 250 GB, (it's plugged into the right usb port on the back of the Wii) works with all usb loaders (without ocarina, my problem, it's not the harddrive.)
    -A big stain on the side from my cat that decided to give birth on it.

WHAT I DID
    -I set up the codes like in ocarina, just a folder in the root called codes, and then all the .gct files (ocarina codes) were put there.
    -Next I went to NeoGamma and loaded the wbfs partition on my harddrive as usual, then went to config options and enabled ocarina, but...when I launched the game, what happened was, the text "launching game" was up, and then some other words overlapped it, I couldn't read it cause it was too hard, IM SORRY. Then it rebooted to Homebrew Channel, although sometimes it doesn't reboot...I think.

PLEASE REPLY, not spam though...

2. painless

Member painless GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I actually read some of this post and felt my I.Q. ...dropping! oh man... [​IMG]

3. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You poll misses "This thread and the guy who openend it are just plain stupid". Please add.

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I just dumped the poll. That was completely unnecessary. Carry on [​IMG]

5. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    aww man, that was an awesome poll rofl, uhh, can someone answer my question now... 66 views [​IMG]

6. King Of Chaos

Member King Of Chaos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried changing the hooking method?

7. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    rofl whats a hooking method and no I didn't

8. King Of Chaos

Member King Of Chaos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's the method used to hook into the games so codes can be used. If it's set on None, there's your problem. Set the hook type to VBI and see what happens. [​IMG]

P.S. Make sure save config is enabled and Ocarina's on then. [​IMG]

9. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    Thanks [​IMG] can you explain to me all the different hook types in neogamma r8 beta 15? Like, what does VBI stand for/mean/do, and in comparison to other hook types, which scenario it's best for etc.

VBI hook type works [​IMG] thanks man! BUT, well, the game I tested it on was new super mario bros, and without ocarina thing, it works perfect, but with ocarina, it crashes after like 2 min [​IMG] is that the hook type or just a bad code?