NeoGamma gives DVD read error while loading from USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ev_boi_trap, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ev_boi_trap
    OP

ev_boi_trap Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    I'm running NeoGamma R8 beta 15, IOS 249 Rev 17. Most of my games give "DVD Read Error (1156)" when I try to run them. Some of these games are Animal Crossing, Mario Party 8, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Pikmin 1 for Wii, and New Super Mario Bros. Only a few will load and they work fine: Mario Kart Wii, Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS, and Little Kings Story. Any ideas on whats wrong?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    well, first off I would update Neogamma to the most recent version, Neogamma r8RC3*, or u can get the Neogamma r8RC3* Autoboot mod from my signature.

I know NSMB-wii needs the new version to work, not sure about the others.

Make sure u burned the disks properly, preferably on DVD-R's (I find DVD+R's always give me problems)

3. ev_boi_trap
    OP

ev_boi_trap Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the response. I'm loading the games from USB. I tried loading games with WiiFlow and USB Loader GX and the same games work and don't work with them.

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    most likely bad ISOs, get fresh copies

(i'm assuming your hard drive is formatted as WBFS since ur still using neogamma, correct?)

5. ev_boi_trap
    OP

ev_boi_trap Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Ill try that. Hopefully that's all it is. I'm still using WBFS but I'm probably about to switch to NTFS or FAT32.