Hacking NeoGamma: GC Returns to Wii Menu

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Homebrew and NeoGamma working on my Wii, so the solution might be a silly error on my part during the installation.

I have a burned DVD-R copy of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and it won't play correctly through NeoGamma. The game will appear to launch successfully from the NeoGamma screen, and I instead see a flash of green before resetting the console and returning to the Wii menu (or at least the beginning screen where you hit A for the Wii menu).

I saw another post that said to force the reloader in the GC options. That didn't work, nor did any of the other reloader options. I'm wondering if there's some combination of GC options that, or anything else that can correct this.

I'm usin the NeoGamma R9 beta. This ISO was tested with Dolphin before I burned and verified it.

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regular Gamecube games run fine with NeoGamma. Also, instead of a complete green screen, I sometimes get a black screen with 2 pink vertical lines on the left.
I don't know if that's significant, but I don't know what else to do except try every combination of GC options, which will take a long time.

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resolved.

After a lot of running around looking for the correct files, I got it running off an SD card with NeoGamma and Dios Mios Lite. I can't confirm what the original issue was, but I suspect it was the disks I was using, DVD-R Memorex. I read somewhere that I needed DVD-R to work and the store I went to only had these (probably because they're so cheap).

I ran through a lot of guides and wasted a few hours, but this was the one I was using when I finally got it right.
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/99708-dios-mios-lite-guide.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...