OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok...ive looked for the better part of 2 days...and I may be stupid, (but I hope not!).

Ive had my Wii for a few years, and its been softmoded (and fixed) by me before.
I am just getting around to fixing this problem and this is day 2...for the past 3 months my wii has been acting strange and I need help.

I cant find anything that describes the problems I am having. I have backups that will run just fine, and I have backups that give me nothing but grief. Games such as House of the Dead Overkill and Monster Hunter Tri.

And then there are games that wont run...that ran before, such as Star Wars the Force Unleashed (DVD Err 1208), Ghostbusters (loads then says disc cannot be read), Mad World (same as Ghostbusters)..just to name a few. Its not the media...because these games were all running fine before. I dont understand what has changed. So yesterday I re-modded my Wii. I still had all the offline files for a fresh 4.2 install...Ive got everything in working order...I can install .wad files, cIOS's...removed stubs..ect. Everything except the backup problem that I started with.

I am running NeoGamma R9 b47, cIOS57rev20 slot 249
I want to be able to run these from the disk. I know using a USB backup loader is easier. But I dont want to be attached to a HDD that may give out at any time...I want all my options open. (I do USB loader by the way)

My question is.....is there anything I can do?
Its been quite awhile since Ive done anything to my Wii since I was happy with the way it was running....so I quit visiting the forum as much. Things changed up quite a bit, but I was able to get back up to speed pretty quick. But this DVD Err 1208, Disc ID issue and the Disc cannot be read after the health screen is getting to me.

I didnt want to ask as there are lots of noob questions on here. But any help would be appreciated. If I need to give more info please let me know.

Thanks

Kree_boy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried that.
But the problem is....I'm not sure what Im looking for now.
Ran Pimp My Wii and it checked out with no problems.
The Retail discs run fine. The backups are hit and miss. I can run MH Tri but cant run Madworld....somewhere ive done something wrong. But retracing my steps has gotten me no where.
frown.gif

Kree_boy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drive was just replaced last year. Made sure it was a replacement for the same one as I took out, and the one I took out read DVDRs.
Dirty may be an option, but it just seems funny...its the same games over and over. Ive cleaned them, tested them again and again. If the drive were dirty wouldn't it be more random..and wouldnt it apply to all the all the games..retail and backup?
The discs are all clean and scratch free.

Its been so long ago since i burned those discs off I dont remember....lol
But it was whatever was recommended at the time....and I think is still the standard.

What I don't understand...is they all worked before. Its just been within the last 3 months that they quit. I was thinking my son accidentally updated from...somewhere...I have/had all update blocked I thought. That was the reason I went ahead with a fresh 4.2u and then softmodded it again.

Almost forgot.
Thanks for the replies.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: