Hacking Neogamma/disk loading from wii main menu?

smccloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
you can add a forwarder channel in the SM

How does one do this? I just ordered a 1TB external for my Wii so I'd love to be able to start the USB Loader from the System Menu.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can also install DARKCORP though most recomend not. I'd recomend against it too unless you have bootmii boot2 like I do.

Simple downlkoad the channel wad from wherever you find it. BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN YOU HAVE PRIILOADER OR BETTER YET BOOTMII BOOT2 (NOT IOS) OR YOU MAY DO IREVERSABLE DAMAGE TO THE WII.

Now that we are protected and have our wad we need a way to insatall it. If you have a cIOS installed such as 249 (If not search for a guide to installing it.) then just place the .wad file anywhere on your SD card and load up the latest version of Wad manager or other channel installer and install the wad using that cIOS. You now have your channel now prepare the SD card.

Make sure you create the file structure the channel expects (this is generally the same way the apps are set up for the HBC) just make sure the folder name is right. For example the Wiimc channel expects to find SD:apps/Wiimc/boot.dol.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of darkcorp if you want to play gamess from disa channel go to priiloader apply the hack force games to run with IOS 249, then go to priiloader settings and set make SM use IOS249

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
smccloud said:
Porobu said:
you can add a forwarder channel in the SM

How does one do this? I just ordered a 1TB external for my Wii so I'd love to be able to start the USB Loader from the System Menu.
First: If you want to load your games from USB, you could/should use another loader with a better GUI, like CFG-Loader, WiiFlow or USBLoader GX. Much easier to browse your games with these loaders than with NeoGamma.

Now, basicly you look for a Forwarder-Channel in the Topic for your favorite loader, most have one on the first page (CFG and GX, for example), download the .wad, and use YAWMM or another WAD-Manager to install the Channel, and done. Be shure to have a protection like BootMii as bootv2, or Priiloader, some Channels can brick you.

For NeoGamma, I found (for example) this topic: http://gbatemp.net/t220305-neogamma-r9-channels?

@Porobu Sorry, but that's not a good idea, and won't work, afaik. First of all, the cIOS wasn't made to also run the Systemmenu, you'll encounter random errors, it won't be stable. Also, Error #002 should show up on all games which were released after NfS: Undercover = not working. So no, not that easy.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
Instead of darkcorp if you want to play gamess from disa channel go to priiloader apply the hack force games to run with IOS 249, then go to priiloader settings and set make SM use IOS249

This is such a hideous and ugly solution..... It causes so many compatability problems that I'd highly advice against that. I honestly would recomend against priiloader all around but that's just me. it's bricked my system at least 3 times so as far as I'm concerned piss on priiloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1