Hacking Neogamma Black screen 4.2

qwerty76

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

I have the HBC installad and it seems to be working on my 4.2E wii with wiikey 1. But when i try to run neogamma from hbc i just get a black screen... What do i have to do?

qwerty76

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What do i need to do to get neogamma to work. All I get after updating to 4.2E is a black screen when launcing negamma. Other homebrew works, like wad installer..

Please help me

vertex67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem, you need to install a cios for it too work, but I am having trouble doing that on 4.2, the cios installer is freezing for me..., anyway google 'cios rev14' and download, put it in your apps folder it should load and you can install from there

vertex67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the homebrew channel then you must know where the apps folder is on your sd card.
http://www.pothsprojects.com/download/file.php?id=185
download that and unzip it. You should have a folder that says cIOS38 or something to that extent. Drag that folder to the apps folder of your sd card. put in the wii and start the homebrew channel. You should see a new app called cios installer or something, open it, select cios249 and if it asks you wad or network installation, choose network (your wii must be connected to the net). when its finished you should be able to start neogamma

xpsycho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have watched this forum for a few weeks now and finally brave enough to try my wii.. My wife updated the wii to 4.2u without knowing what was going on, so now I have installed HBC using the Bannerbomb technique and the hackmii boot.elf file. This has worked so far and allowed me to install and run HBC but now I want to allow my 3 and 5 year old daughters to play on it. I created a backup of a couple games we have, horsez2 and dogz2, ran homebrew, installed Neogamma, but black screen when I go to use it. I took the advice of vertex67 and downloaded that file but when I go to run it, it gets to the screen that asks for the IOS I want to use then freezes. Is there a work around or am I possibly doing something wrong?

My directory structure on my SD card (SanDisk SD 2GB) is:
E:\
_|
_|-apps
_|__|
_|__|- Cios Rev 14
_|__|- homebrew_browser
_|__|____|- temp
_|__|
_|__|- NeoGamma
_|
_|-bootmii
_|
_|-private
_|__|-wii
_|__|__|-Title
_|__|__|__|-aktn

Any help on this would be appreciated because my girls are wanting to play this bad but I don't want them to touch the original games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]