NeoGamma and Wad Manager freeze all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rachelandalanna, Sep 14, 2012.

1. rachelandalanna
    OP

Newcomer rachelandalanna Newbie

United States
    Hello, I could use some help here. I've had my Wii soft modded for a few years now, and all has gone well until a couple of days ago. I got a new game for my five year old (PokePark if it matters) and ever since we tried to play it, NeoGamma has stopped working. I honestly have no idea what she did when she tried to play it, but she has started other games up with Neogamma by herself many other times without any problems. When I try to start Neogamma now, myself, I just get a black screen and have to unplug the Wii and restart it. I thought I might try to reinstall NeoGamma or maybe try a newer version if one is available, but Wad Manager won't run either now. It will start, but then freezes and says it's "Mounting device, please wait..." and I have to unplug the Wii at this point also. I haven't changed anything, my system is still at 4.2 so I know it didn't update itself. The only thing I can think of that may have had an effect is that my husband has developed a habit of flipping the switch in the surge protector instead of actually turning things off when my daughter has left the Wii and TV on, but everything else works fine. HomeBrew will load, other Wads will load, and I ran Visual Boy Advance GX from Homebrew and it ran fine.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to figure out what's wrong I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance! :)

2. DaMan4169

Newcomer DaMan4169 Advanced Member

United States
    If it was the original PokePark, it may have only had SM 4.2 on the disk update. 4.3 came out in June 2010 PokePark came out that Nov, it takes a little bit to get to disk.
    If you never installed Priiloader and enabled the block disk and online update hacks and PokePark only had the 4.2 SM, an update from disk would have stubbed your 249 making Neogamma and Wad Manager not work. The last couple of versions of HBC wouldn't have been affected and even VBA GX runs on IOS58 so it would survive w/o 249.

But post a system check and someone might be able to tell what is wrong.

Do you have Neogamma and Wad manager installed as channels or are you running them from the HBC?

3. rachelandalanna
    OP

Newcomer rachelandalanna Newbie

United States
    Thank you very much. I will make a new post like the link said with my System Check. I was thinking I'd updated to 4.2 correctly but I may not have.