Neogamma and Gamecube Compatibility

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by metroid4life14, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009
  1. metroid4life14
    OP

Member metroid4life14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok, before you call me a n00b, I'll tell you what I know

1. Neogamma has limited compatibility with GCN games (but it does work for some, I hear)
    2. Wiigator's GC launcher is better
    3. You can't switch into GCN mode after loading something from Wii mode

Now here's my question. Under Neogamma's options, you have the choice of loading from sd, usb, or disc drive. Is it possible to load GCN games from a sd card? I know that the usb is impossible due to the wii mode/GCN mode thing, but what about the sd slot? And also, is there a list of Neogamma compatible gamecube games?

So far the closest thing I've seen is the gamecube geckosd, but that's for the GCN memory card slot, not the sd slot.

2. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use Wiigators GC backup Launcher V.2 for Gamecube games. Have not had trouble with the GC backups i have.

The Gamecube "MODE" the Wii goes into when it plays GC games only supports Hardware that the GC originally had. So no Wii Fi, USB Slots, or SD slots work in GC mode. If Ninty could have saved a few bux by not including GC memory ports for GC compatibility they would have done it. Much cheaper for them to have GC games save to SD card but they could not do it and added GC Memory ports.

3. metroid4life14
    OP

Member metroid4life14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah, I see. Is the geckosd compatible with SDHC cards?

4. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Can I play my retailer GC games on Wiigators backup launcher? I have the original MIOS (not the hacked one) I kinda want jerk around with Action Replay =P