Hacking NeoGamma 9 F-Zero GX boot issue

Shuji1987

~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I've been trying everything I could to get this game to work with the backup launcher of NeoGamma v9. But all I seem to get is a black screen, regardless of what options I use. It's either a black screen or no video signal depending on the video mode used.

Here is a video of what is happening, could show something I might be looking over:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nCX4KQC8w
As shown in the video, using default options, recognizes the game in the loader, boots up the gamecube loader too and afterwards freezes up when it attempts to load the game resulting in a black screen.

Anyways, I did everything according to the mini FAQ in the beta topic, but I'll list again here what I have done before to pin point the problem:
- Made sure my Wii was able to read burned DVD's
- Using NeoGamma 9 v50 (should I try another version? If so which one?)
- Installed d2x cIOS with base IOS56 downloaded through ModMii with IOS236 on my Wii. (use another cIOS?)
- Installed the newest cMIOS based on v10 which can be found in the thread, downloaded through NUS (I've tried v4 too but the same result).
When Installing the cMIOS I am using IOS236. Have used the default settings in the next menu (no revision, patch for homebrew&backups to yes).
- Burned F-Zero GX PAL on 4x speed using Tayuo Uden DVD -R media, done through ImgBurn. Came out with no burn errors and didn't touch the computer at all during the progress.

I'm not sure if I forgot any info, but please ask if I did.

This is driving me crazy lol.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Shuji1987

~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've set Force video to NTSC-480p, Reloader to Fast, Backup Plugin to High and patched mios to yes. Suddenly out of the blue it started working O.o So I guess this topic isn't needed anymore. :P

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've set Force video to NTSC-480p, Reloader to Fast, Backup Plugin to High and patched mios to yes. Suddenly out of the blue it started working O.o So I guess this topic isn't needed anymore. :P

So you are using component cables? I seriously need to add a warning about those in the FAQ. Can you try force 480p and patched MIOS without chaning the other options? High plugin + patched MIOS should only be required if the game needs a compatiblity fix to run on the Wii, like Wind Waker does.

Shuji1987

~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you are using component cables? I seriously need to add a warning about those in the FAQ. Can you try force 480p and patched MIOS without chaning the other options? High plugin + patched MIOS should only be required if the game needs a compatiblity fix to run on the Wii, like Wind Waker does.

No, I am using default cables (not sure what the word is in English, composiet in dutch). But I will try those settings and report back.:)

Edit:
For some unknown reason I can't seem to boot it up anymore on 480p while I do hear the DVD drive loading. When I thought about it, it's funny it worked in the first place since the default cables don't even support this :P Anyways, changed the force mode to PAL 576i and kept the settings and it worked fine. However, when I only put on force 576i and cMIOS patcher to yes without touching the others it fails to load.

Hope this helps.

Also, just thinking, what could've caused the wii to force 480p anyways and be successful at displaying it? :P Weird lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.