NeoDS Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Primworm, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008

NeoDS Question by Primworm at 6:46 PM (1,274 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Primworm
    OP

Member Primworm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does NeoDS work on the M3 Perfect? (SD). I seem to be doing all the converting properly, and im just using Metal Slug as a test. The only thing I've been unable to do is use the bios8 option in the patching, for whatever reason my bios file does not have those. I hope i dont have to put this on my R4, I'd have to shell out for a 2 GB card then.

EDIT: Also, i forgot to mention i am DLDI patching, so thats not the issue, the issue is the roms dont show up on the list.

2. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    do you get a mslug.neo file from converting and did you put that in the root of your card?

3. Primworm
    OP

United States
    yeah i got a .neo file. I even found a preconverted one, tried that, and nothing. Any Tips? i can screenshot my root if need be.

EDIT: Heres the root screenshot [​IMG]

I launch the emulator from the root, not the neods folder listed there.

EDIT 2 : Another thing, ignore that KOF rom, i just tried changing the ext to see if it would show up on the list. It obviously didnt.

4. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
  5. Primworm
    OP

United States
    yes thats what im using. I can try replacing the files though, just incase. Hang on, ill let you know in a few minutes.

EDIT: Still nothing, im not sure whats wrong here, it should be working... Heres a picture of my screen for reference. My bad on quality, its a cellphone pic. [​IMG]

6. cris92x

United States
    Could you tell me specifically what you do?
    How do you patch? etc.

7. Primworm
    OP

United States
    If you mean how am i patching the roms, im doing it as shown in the following picture:
    [​IMG]

The only thing that was edited was my name, besides that, thats how I'm patching that. If you mean DLDI patching, im doing that right, i have no doubts as far as that goes. Ive been doing it since DLDI was released. Explaining the picture, the failed to open part was because i forgot to put the bios zip in there. After that, it worked as far as patching goes, but the game still didnt show up on the list.

8. cris92x

United States
    BINGO!!(sorry too much yu yu hakusho)
    IT SAYS NEOGEO.ZIP CANNOT BE OPENED So obviously you dont have it in the same folder as your other neogeo roms to be converted
    You need neogeo.zip with neodsconvert to actually convert .... if not then its useless
    BTW: sorry i took over 3 hours to answer... i went away

9. Primworm
    OP

United States
    no no, you have it wrong, i have it in there properly. I do have it working now, i had to find a hacked version on the pocket haven boards. Quite odd to say the least, but it works great now.