OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
OK, here we go! i have mslug.zip - neogeo.zip - and THIS. Now, i open the executable and i type in "mslug", i select the 8th bios (the v 2.3 unibios) and i click "PATCH". like any other rom (i use the 3rd bios, usually, to convert a rom), in a "cmd - like style" some odd things happens on my PC. And, YUP, i have there the mslug.neo file, i put it DIRECTLY into the root of my R4 kernel v 1.18 (i don't think it means something, but i committed lots of errors, LOTS, in my life) and i tap on the icon of NeoDS v 1.1 ('cause into the 2.0 one mslug4 doesn't work) and i press START after highlighted the mslug.neo file, and...*rolling*...BLACK SCREEN! YAY! F**K! (note: that happens with EVERY - SINGLE -GAME - I - OWN). on the second page of another thread, an user with the nick that has the name "Zeus" in it, said that patching a game with the unibios, you can select the codes for infinite health bar/inf.time/inf.ammo, ecc, but...how the F**K**G HELL can i patch a game if it doesn't work? Black screen, the best friend of a videogamer! YES...sure...well, if you guys know something, please tell me, and also, please don't ban me cause my awful english, i'm only a 12 years old, little,Italian, innocent kid
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you read the universe bios home page it says to hold "A+B+C" when the game is booting up to get the universe bios menu. Then in game you need to hold the "Start" and "Select" buttons depending on your button configs to turn on other stuff.

in the bios menu you set the region and play with the dip switches. for metal slug you can get blood at this part. the in game cheat is more for infinite stuff like ammo and lives.

http://unibios.free.fr/howitworks.html

cheers,
-another world

Bergunzo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I downloaded latest unibios from that site (http://unibios.free.fr) but it give me a zip file with a .rom file inside. How can I use that? Thannks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you bothered to read the readme included with neods it states you need to rename it.

"If you want to use the universal bios, name the file uni-bios.rom, and add it to neogeo.zip. This enables lots of nice features like switching between home and arcade mode, and cheats. This is the recommended way to use NeoDS."

-another world

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"