NEO: The World Ends With You comes to PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive

NEO_TWEWY_Screenshot_3.jpg

After its launch on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in July, NEO: The World Ends With You is set to come to PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive on September 28. Neo is the long-awaited sequel to the 2007 Nintendo DS game The World Ends With You, which took fourteen years to receive a sequel. This release will mark the second exclusive Square Enix release on the Epic Games Store, following the release of the Kingdom Hearts series back in February.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well put it on Stadia then. That way most PC gamers still won't buy it.
Yeah because let me tell you, EGS is so obscure and unloved that their mainline game Fortnite is totally not popular in the slightest and still has not remained popular over the years despite everything right?

Come on, seriously, hate all you want but when you make comparisons like this you are absolutely removed from reality if you think that EGS is in any way comparative to Stadia in its marketshare and general popularity.

And this goes for most other EGS haters, if you think that they are the only ones doing exclusivity deals, you are wrong! Every platform does it, EGS just happens to have their dirty laundry about it left in the open more. I do not see why they get so much more hate over it than any other platform that exists. At the very least at least I do not have to buy entirely different hardware to play their games. Can't say that for consoles and their exclusive games. Present to me an actual argument why what they do is any worse than what goes on in any other platform. Please I want to hear the logic behind it and what makes them worse than anyone else. Enlighten me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah because let me tell you, EGS is so obscure and unloved that their mainline game Fortnite is totally not popular in the slightest and still has not remained popular over the years despite everything right?

Come on, seriously, hate all you want but when you make comparisons like this you are absolutely removed from reality if you think that EGS is in any way comparative to Stadia in its marketshare and general popularity.

And this goes for most other EGS haters, if you think that they are the only ones doing exclusivity deals, you are wrong! Every platform does it, EGS just happens to have their dirty laundry about it left in the open more. I do not see why they get so much more hate over it than any other platform that exists. At the very least at least I do not have to buy entirely different hardware to play their games. Can't say that for consoles and their exclusive games. Present to me an actual argument why what they do is any worse than what goes on in any other platform. Please I want to hear the logic behind it and what makes them worse than anyone else. Enlighten me.
Mate, if you're asking why people hate EGS, you've been living under a rock. It's not the exclusivity deals. It's how Sweeney snakes them out. It's not another platform or storefront. It's how they've been lying about being "pro consumer" and their terrible guise of advocating for the little guy. I despise EA as a company, but still use their shitty Origin storefront. Ubisoft's app really leaves a lot to be desired, but I still play Division on it. Sweeney and his goons are some of the fakest in the business.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[
Can’t, I’m planning on getting a Steam Deck and I don’t want to buy any more games on different stores which seem perfect for it, at least until I see the alternatives stores running in Steam OS.

I think their end goal is to get EGS on iOS so they can basically do what they’ve been doing on PC, especially given their appeal despite winning devs the alternative payment option.

Would be funny, in a way, if they lost completely on appeal meaning that devs lose out completely.
Valve said you can install W11 on it (to run EGS, Game Pass or what you want).

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mate, if you're asking why people hate EGS, you've been living under a rock. It's not the exclusivity deals. It's how Sweeney snakes them out. It's not another platform or storefront. It's how they've been lying about being "pro consumer" and their terrible guise of advocating for the little guy. I despise EA as a company, but still use their shitty Origin storefront. Ubisoft's app really leaves a lot to be desired, but I still play Division on it. Sweeney and his goons are some of the fakest in the business.

Every company that has drm or exclusivity claims it’s pro consumer.

Not that Epic isn’t sketchy, but it’s not an obvious line to draw to single them while still using Origin. Origin has some games you want to play enough to overlook the things you find horrible about EA and Epic does not. I’m sure you have good reasons for this, but not everyone is going to see that the same. As consumers were pretty much all ignoring or rationalizing a lot of terrible corporate behavior.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Valve said you can install W11 on it (to run EGS, Game Pass or what you want).

I know, but I still want to try Steam OS as the main OS and keep dual booting at a minimum, partially for convenience, partially because I want to see what the unit is like (e.g. if dual booting requires a KB/M due to the bootloader) and partially because with Valve giving out 'dev kits' and various other reports, it has the potential to be a better experience on Steam OS on the Steam Deck.

Besides, I probably wouldn't get this before I get the Steam Deck anyway (unrelated), so if it's a timed exclusive it might end up on Steam anyway by the time I go to get it.

Reactions: MORSHU8KRTXON

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game is great. Gets sort of repetitive at the end and some of the last few bosses are full of bullshit but it's a great game and the combat is quite fun.
If you're on the fence, give it a try.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Euuugh. Of course this is going to be on Steam anyway. And we all have dozens (if not hundreds) of other games that we can play instead while we wait, so why waste any energy on complaining?

If there's one thing that's annoying, it's that Square-Enix never really has its games on sale. Just consider FFXII – it's probably a copy of the console re-release is probably cheaper than it has ever been to buy it on Steam.

I'm still kind of hoping there will be some kind of mod for the PC version that will still let you have the old double-screen gameplay by using a tablet or something, but that's probably too much to hope for.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Euuugh. Of course this is going to be on Steam anyway. And we all have dozens (if not hundreds) of other games that we can play instead while we wait, so why waste any energy on complaining?

If there's one thing that's annoying, it's that Square-Enix never really has its games on sale. Just consider FFXII – it's probably a copy of the console re-release is probably cheaper than it has ever been to buy it on Steam.

I'm still kind of hoping there will be some kind of mod for the PC version that will still let you have the old double-screen gameplay by using a tablet or something, but that's probably too much to hope for.
I've bought tons of Square Enix stuff on sale, and they go on sale pretty often

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and if it uses unreal engine, you could mod almost anything in with experience

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DRMs are usually a stupid thing to put in a game. They only work for the first games that release with that specific version. And only temporary. An uncrakable DRM would have to prevent legitimate players as well, it's simply impossible, just a matter of time. Not to mention, it costs millions to the publishers, just with Denuvo's shitty license. Really, it's a waste of money that always end up screwing the legitimate buyer at the end.

As for this game being an epic exclusive, it sucks, but i can wait until it goes on a real platform that doesn't fuck with customers over and over again. Valve isn't a saint, but they became the biggest player with the their own content and the quality of their service, not by buying exclusives and thus, preventing competitors from showing up. Not to mention their lack of a complete launcher (remember that it didn't even launch with a refund system lmao), or the absence of any form of Linux support.

troon

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since I started using Steam, I have not sailed in the caribbean seas for years, epic games shithole made me do it again with their shitty service and exclusives. As Gabe Newell said years ago: "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem"

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never know. I thought Kena: Bridge of Spirits would've had Denuvo on EGS, but it ended up with a day one release from FitGirl.
Ehh, that's not quite the same imo, Square's a much bigger company, it's more expected and would follow their current trend, while this other company doesn't have a trend of this

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, that's not quite the same imo, Square's a much bigger company, it's more expected and would follow their current trend, while this other company doesn't have a trend of this
NEO: TWEWY released on PC without Denuvo, so it got a scene release day one as well. The fact that Square is a big company makes them even less likely to bother with DRM so long as Epic is paying out enough to cover early sales.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEO: TWEWY released on PC without Denuvo, so it got a scene release day one as well. The fact that Square is a big company makes them even less likely to bother with DRM so long as Epic is paying out enough to cover early sales.
ahh nice, well always glad to hear about a lack of denuvo :grog:

Reactions: Xzi

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad it's still hella expensive. Isthereanydeal.com suggests the lowest price so far was 50% off on the Humble Store.

(It also suggests that the lowest current price is on GreenManGaming with their FALL15 code.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?