NEO: The World Ends With You announced

The Game has begun anew as SQUARE ENIX today announced that NEO: The World Ends with You, the follow-up to the hit action role-playing game, The World Ends with You, is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch system in Summer 2021.

NEO: The World Ends with You transports players to the streets of the Shibuya, where they will take part in the “Reapers’ Game,” a life-or-death battle for survival. Players will take on the role of Rindo as they explore the heart of Tokyo to uncover the mysteries behind the sinister Game in which they have been forced to take part.

NEO: The World Ends with You brings a re-creation of modern Shibuya to life in a unique and comic-inspired style. Players can explore and enjoy the sights, sounds, and culture of this bustling city, fight monsters alongside their ally companions in fast-paced action battles, and complete missions as they seek to change the fate they’ve been handed.

ssuba_youtubeaTaCalaCai.jpg ssuba_1124aeaeu_aX03.jpg neo_subaseka_teaser_ENG_short_SWITCH_Master_201113.mov_snapshot_01.01__2020.11.19_13.29.23_.jpg 104_Front_A7.jpg

A new trailer unveiled today provides a first look at the title, showcasing the hip visual direction, 3D environments, gameplay and battle sequences, and amped-up soundtrack underscoring the game’s eye-catching art style.

NEO: The World Ends with You is currently in development for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch with an anticipated release in Summer 2021.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: NEO: TWEWY Official Site

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
That actually looks amazing, I expected it to be good, but... WOW. And the music... yeah I will really enjoy this. Now if only they announced a KH game for switch (one that's an actual action RPG) or a Chrono sequel and Square Enix will be my heroes again.

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Also what about they team up with Nintendo for a Super Mario RPG sequel? GENO, MALLOW, OH MY!!!

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Twister is back! I wonder how the gameplay will compare with the TWEWY, which is really unique. I played the first one on an iPad and now probably will play this on my switch.
If you can sometime, try out the original on the DS. The dual battle system has a better implementation than the Switch/Mobile version.

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
At this point, Paper Mario is what you are looking for. And it seems you are somewhat late.
I've played the original Paper Mario only (since I only had a low-end phone). It's nice but Mallow and Geno had to come back.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I very much doubt a game will turn out to be "good" just because it's another Chrono sequel or because it has Geno and Mallow.

Don't you think think Square has demonstrated they are completely capable of taking a perfectly good IP and making a horrible game? Consider Final Fantasy: All The Bravest. Or the "bonus" content in Chrono Trigger DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative