NEO: The World Ends With You announced

The Game has begun anew as SQUARE ENIX today announced that NEO: The World Ends with You, the follow-up to the hit action role-playing game, The World Ends with You, is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch system in Summer 2021.

NEO: The World Ends with You transports players to the streets of the Shibuya, where they will take part in the “Reapers’ Game,” a life-or-death battle for survival. Players will take on the role of Rindo as they explore the heart of Tokyo to uncover the mysteries behind the sinister Game in which they have been forced to take part.

NEO: The World Ends with You brings a re-creation of modern Shibuya to life in a unique and comic-inspired style. Players can explore and enjoy the sights, sounds, and culture of this bustling city, fight monsters alongside their ally companions in fast-paced action battles, and complete missions as they seek to change the fate they’ve been handed.

ssuba_youtubeaTaCalaCai.jpg ssuba_1124aeaeu_aX03.jpg neo_subaseka_teaser_ENG_short_SWITCH_Master_201113.mov_snapshot_01.01__2020.11.19_13.29.23_.jpg 104_Front_A7.jpg

A new trailer unveiled today provides a first look at the title, showcasing the hip visual direction, 3D environments, gameplay and battle sequences, and amped-up soundtrack underscoring the game’s eye-catching art style.

NEO: The World Ends with You is currently in development for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch with an anticipated release in Summer 2021.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: NEO: TWEWY Official Site

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
That actually looks amazing, I expected it to be good, but... WOW. And the music... yeah I will really enjoy this. Now if only they announced a KH game for switch (one that's an actual action RPG) or a Chrono sequel and Square Enix will be my heroes again.

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Also what about they team up with Nintendo for a Super Mario RPG sequel? GENO, MALLOW, OH MY!!!

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Twister is back! I wonder how the gameplay will compare with the TWEWY, which is really unique. I played the first one on an iPad and now probably will play this on my switch.
If you can sometime, try out the original on the DS. The dual battle system has a better implementation than the Switch/Mobile version.

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
At this point, Paper Mario is what you are looking for. And it seems you are somewhat late.
I've played the original Paper Mario only (since I only had a low-end phone). It's nice but Mallow and Geno had to come back.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I very much doubt a game will turn out to be "good" just because it's another Chrono sequel or because it has Geno and Mallow.

Don't you think think Square has demonstrated they are completely capable of taking a perfectly good IP and making a horrible game? Consider Final Fantasy: All The Bravest. Or the "bonus" content in Chrono Trigger DS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ trimesh:
    My biggest issue with Epic was the incredibly disingenuous way they dealt with Apple and the app Store - I happen to think that Apple are the classic evil corporation, so it takes a lot to be even more cunty than them - but Epic managed it..
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    People build over hatred for companies but a huge majority still buy their products or take what's free
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    I don't actually hate them - if anything I was just amused to discover that they had actually managed to make Apple look like they were in the right - it takes serious levels of assholishness to do that
    Gift
    If I have an enjoyable time using something that's all that should matter
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah, this is a games site, and I would have thought that most people would care about games ahead of anything else - although some of the comments on here make me wonder sometimes.
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    I just checked, and I have Bioshock 1/2 (normal and remastered) and Infinite on Steam
    Gift
    Some people remain loyal and don't forget the negatives over the positive people try to do that's just life
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Can't remember when I bought them - probably during some sale
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah, the most obviously deranged indication of this are the heavy-duty console warriors
    Gift
    It happens outside of gaming it's just life
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah, fanbois will fanboi
    Gift
    Kinda makes me sad everyone is believing in emulation gives less of a reason for consoles to exist
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    I appreciate the convenience of emulation - but at the same time there is a feeling you get from using original hardware that's hard to match.
    Gift
    I feel like consoles will always be here just less of a demand
    Gift
    Next gen will probably be all portable
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Some things (like Super Famicom games) just feel right when you play them using the original hardware and a CRT
    Gift
    The PS tablet
    Gift
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    switches the box from tv to game
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Not so sure about that - the tendency for "graphics uber alles" tends to lead to very high power consumption
    Gift
    If you look at what's now portability graphics are catching up to console quality
    Gift
    Nintendy is a huge example of not everyone caring about powerful specs most that do will be hardcore PC players anyway
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    The thing is that the IATA rules impose a pretty hard limit of 100Wh on battery sizes for lithium batteries - and it doesn't look like Li is going away soon
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    So if you want (say) 4 hours of runtime you need a maximum system-level power consumption of 25W
    Gift
    Yeah but we already have AAA titles looking fine on tablet form 1080p displays
    Gift
    Human eye can only tell so much of a difference
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Human eye can only tell so much of a difference