Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Neo SNES Myth Cart Review
Reviewed by amptor
GBAtemp member amptor just submitted his review of the Neo SNES Myth Cart, a SNES flash cartridge designed by the NeoFlash team.

Is this the cart that will revive our beloved Super NES forgotten in the garage under a 3 inch layer of dust? Let's find out with this excellent review. Thanks to IC2005 SmartShop for providing the review sample.

icon11.gif
 Read the review
discuss.png
 Discuss

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
portezbie said:
does this thing really cost 200 bucks??

That's cheap
smile.gif

- Back in my days i payed around $400 for a snes copier (and it used floppies)

Prices for backup devices around 1992 (Without shipping and (if you're unlucky import taxes))

QUOTE said:
This is the bad part. They usually cost $300 and up, the lowest I've seen
so far was $280 for a Super Wild Card 16MB from some guy who said he was going
to get them at cost on a trip to Hong Kong. But usually expect to pay a
higher price for a system that supports more, like the Super Wild Card 24MB
is about $355, but for the MultiGame Hunter 24MB which supports SNES and Genesis
is $370. The Multi-Game Doctor II which supports every known system
(including Neo-Geo) costs $650. Check your company for what adaptors you get
with the MGD2.

QUOTE said:
**** sells systems at cost prices and mails them to you from Hong
Kong. His prices are cheaper than NCS. Some prices include the Super Wild Card
24MB for $330, the MGH/ASIC 24MB $330, and the Magic Drive Plus 24MB $345.
No power adaptors are shipped with his products, and to pay you must use
direct/wild money transfer.

More info on old copiers:
http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/backup/#menu

-------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ May 13 2010, 01:15 PM)
I love this Super Famicom/Super Nintendo PAL because they looks better than SNES USA version.
smile.gif

And i love my USA Snes, cause..., Cause, well cause it has a different look then the JPN/EU version
biggrin.gif

thejokerss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This would be an instant buy for me if it had special chip support, but reading their forum other readers are very pessimistic if it will ever be possible to implement it.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mthrnite said:
Yeah, 200 bucks is a pittance compared to the olden days. Kids these days want everything to be $7. :/

Nice review Amptor, and thanks for the extra info DjoeN.
smile.gif
Weird, I never paid more than a hundred for my copiers (except for the Super WildCard). I think people in HK just jack up prices for foreigners! Hahahaha~

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After four years Neo comes up with a cart that you have to program with a computer and plug a GBA card into. I can't think of a worse way to design a cart. Let's get a review of the Retrozone cart. It's $140, drag and drop and uses a CF card.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
thejokerss said:
This would be an instant buy for me if it had special chip support, but reading their forum other readers are very pessimistic if it will ever be possible to implement it.

Like any other Flashcart it will never support special chipsets besides DSP-1

As far as my knowledge goes (not far) It would require a seperate flashcard for every special chipset
biggrin.gif

Another solution is to modify an original gamecart with special chipset and replace the rom and then you can only flash games with that special chipset to that modified cart (there's somewhere a tutorial on how to do this on the internet)

So basicly this is one of the 3 better choices (the other 2 being, Retrozone Snes pack (Uses CF) and Tototek Snes (needs a lpt programmer))

QUOTE(Pliskron @ May 13 2010, 03:27 PM) After four years Neo comes up with a cart that you have to program with a computer and plug a GBA card into. I can't think of a worse way to design a cart. Let's get a review of the Retrozone cart. It's $140, drag and drop and uses a CF card.

Got to agree on that, NeoFlash should have gone for SD/CF instead of the Neo²/Neo kit and use 128 Mbyte instead of 64Mbyte, like retrozone
As for SD, it has SD support (i think there still improving it) through the Neo², but it still is a gba sized cart and an extra buy.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any reason for it being insanely overpriced, like expensive parts to make it or something. i'd buy one just for the heck of it if it was cheaper but i already own every snes game i want to play and if i think of another the original cartridges arent that much.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
is there any reason for it being insanely overpriced, like expensive parts to make it or something. i'd buy one just for the heck of it if it was cheaper but i already own every snes game i want to play and if i think of another the original cartridges arent that much.
There is a reason as a matter of fact. You have to plug an overpriced GBA cart into the overpriced SNES cart to make it work. The result is an overcomplicated overpriced cart. I'd just take the $200 and buy any games I wanted to play. The whole point of one of these is supposed to be to save money not spend more that if you bought the actual games.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
jefffisher said:
There is a reason as a matter of fact. You have to plug an overpriced GBA cart into the overpriced SNES cart to make it work. The result is an overcomplicated overpriced cart. I'd just take the $200 and buy any games I wanted to play. The whole point of one of these is supposed to be to save money not spend more that if you bought the actual games.
actually now that i think about it the local flea market sells entire copy snes consoles for $30 a game card should be less than a console wtf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: